This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Snide and Ms. Stupid

It was another day in hotel hell again. Not five minutes after I arrived, why oh why does it happen during those times! Mr. Snide comes along to ruin my day. Mr. Snide is a regular SC who comes in every few weeks or so and usually he comes in during the day to drive the day shift crazy but tonight it was different. Why oh why can't he stay in hotel across the street?? He's had a lot of bad experiences here, mostly because the other staff can't stand him and his stupid demands, but he refuses to be a good SC and go away!! Far far away! So he stays with us anyway, time after time, seemingly just to torment us, and makes snide remarks under his breath.
    This evening I was helping this really really stupid old lady get on the internet. She wasn't all rawr, but she insisted something was wrong with our internet and not her oh, not HER computer, it NEVER their computers! I knew she wasn't going to get it - she didn't speak or understand much English and had a THICK accent - so I went up, something I never do, to help her out. I'm no computer geek, so it took a while, but it turned out her stupid computer didn't have the internet switch thing turned on. I looked for it, but couldn't find it! She didn't believe me and insisted it was OUR internet. Until finally I showed her the computer screen that said, "Internet wireless crap is NOT turned on" did she call her son and have him tell me where the dang switch is. Next time take your sonny boy with you, old lady!
    That took a while, so I was hoping Mr. Snide wouldn't be there yet. Lo and behold when I ran downstairs, there he was, looking very mad with his lady friend of his. I apologized profusely, but he just said haughtily, "Hmph! I'll bet!" and rolled his eye like a kid. This got on my nerves but I gritted my teeth and just went on with it. There reservation was all messed up by their stupid agents (of course) so it took me a while to straighten everything out. Meanwhile, he kept blathering on under his breath how long he had to wait outside, and how this always happens. I swear, the guy's got a curse on him or something. Why doesn't he go to the hotel across the street?! It's only a few bucks more. Then they can deal with his stupid remarks and maybe take the broom out of his butt! Urgh!
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Just another couple of people who can't stand happiness, either in themselves or anyone else. They live to make everyone miserable.
    "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

So you've met my mother?
      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Those SC's like that old bat are nothing new...they think it's the company's fault their shitty computer can't get online or shoot ANY problem with their computer is all the company's fault and they're held 100% responsible for it. Those kinds of SC's are what we tech support people like to call End Lusers.

That Mr.Snide guy and his lady sound like real killjoys.
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth BeenThereDoneThat View Post
          Just another couple of people who can't stand happiness, either in themselves or anyone else. They live to make everyone miserable.
          I see you've met my MIL. It took me 3 years to get it out of my wife's head that happiness is sinister.
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

A good Sucky Customer, that's an Oxymoron if I ever saw one.
            http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

Comment

Quoth HotelMinion View Post
              Meanwhile, he kept blathering on under his breath how long he had to wait outside, and how this always happens. I swear, the guy's got a curse on him or something.
              Why does he come back at all if it's theoretically so bad? >_< Does corporate send him a constant stream of free nights or something?
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                I see you've met my MIL. It took me 3 years to get it out of my wife's head that happiness is sinister.
                My MIL is somewhat like that too but not quite as bad and her kids certainly know better. I think she's softened with age, too (she's almost 86).
                "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Working...
                X