X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twits and Twats

To the lady at Kinko's:

No, you can't fax us a photo to use in a death notice. It won't reproduce- just looks like a black blotch. And we need the text first, or along with the photo. We have nothing yet to attach the photo to.

Why do you keep repeating “I was given the wrong information”? Yes—yes, you were. And I just gave you the correct information. Now adjust your actions accordingly. Goodbye.

###

Pit Bull Puppies and, er...Accessories:

So this guy has an ad on hold, saying he’s going to send in the money. Calls & says why isn’t the ad running? Read him the notation. He says, no, I came in, in person and paid cash. A guy came down & got the money. Well, that’s possible, so after some checking with accounting ("Money? What money? We haven't got it!")... manager says let’s run his ad as a courtesy this one time, if we find the money, good, but if not he’s got the ad, he’s happy.

Well, along comes today, and what’s in the paper? A guy with same last name, slightly different first name, on same street, arrested along with 2 other people for possession of cocaine and associated drug paraphernalia. Yeah- this is why I hate taking ads for pit bull puppies. You never know if they're a legitimate owner/breeder or if they have a little side business going on. I've taken ads from some very nice people selling pit bull pups, who sound like responsible breeders. And then there's people like this guy.

###

And then there was the woman who sent an email with EIGHT attachments! Only TWO of which we actually needed for a death notice...text and photo. The others were: TWO COPIES of her "signature photo" - her own pic! WTF do we need that for? WTF does ANYBODY need that for? Two copies describing her job services (also not needed) and two blank attachments. Some people should just not be allowed to use email.

Also, the phrase, "I called and I couldn't get through" actually translates to: "I called at 30 seconds before your closing time and don't understand why I was on hold and then cut off."
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

is pit bull puppies a well known euphemism for drug dealing?

I only ask because i haven't come across it before.

Comment

Quoth energyguy View Post
      is pit bull puppies a well known euphemism for drug dealing?

I only ask because i haven't come across it before.
      It would make sense around my neck of the woods at least - we just had some neighbors move out that were not only dealers but also sold pit bull pups.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Drug dealers like pit bulls because they're perceived as "tough" dogs worthy of a gangster. The breed was developed for dog fighting, though they're actually rather sweet dogs by nature unless trained to be vicious (many, sadly are).

Dog fighting and drugs go hand in hand; a lot of drugs are sold at the dog fighting "matches," along with lots of illegal gambling.
        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Unfortunately, a lot of drug dealers use pit bulls trained to be vicious to protect their drug-house and contents.

However, recently a couple of very sweet pit bulls were rescued here, rehabbed and adopted by nice people. There's a "bully breeds" rescue group in the area, too. I'm so glad there are people who do rescues.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Not everyone. Nothing quite as grin-worthy as a happy, smiling pit puppy wanting scritches and love from anyone near it. .

Comment

I just love watching videos and TV shows with friendly, playful pits...they look sooooo sweet. I've met very few of them in person but none of them scared me. Hell, the German Shepherds my parents had when I was a kid scared me more, and they didn't even mean to...they were just big and serious looking.
              "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

My state government considers the American Staffordshire Terrier and the Pit Bull Terrier to be separate breeds. The latter is restricted (including crossbreeds), the former is not (but to register the dog as a Staffy, the owner may need to supply breeding papers or a vet certificate).

It looks like the restricted breeds are permitted under certain circumstances (I'm reading my council's page on restricted animals.
                Seshat's self-help guide:
                1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
                X