X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Math?????

this is kind of sucky with some really strange math thrown in

I delivered an order that was paid for with a CC. the customer filled out the required lines and signed it. here is exactly what it looked like:

Order ........ $23.98
    Tip .......... 010
    Total ....... $23.98

Note the "tip" plus the bad math skills. after I left I wondered if the guy was trying to "tip" me 2 cents in binary.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Out of curiosity, do delivery drivers cringe every time they get an order that was payed via CC?

Comment

Quoth thansal View Post
      Out of curiosity, do delivery drivers cringe every time they get an order that was payed via CC?
      Not the ones I use. I always tip.

In no way conected, I almost always get my food hot, and usually before the quoted delivery time.
      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

My husband says that he and the other drivers are expressly forbidden from stacking the runs so that the good tipper gets served before orders placed in front of him/her... and so the drivers are very careful that their manager never catches them doing it.

Comment

Anyone that delivers to my place is tipped very well. I even tipped the guy that was late fairly well.

Comment

Out of curiosity, what is the standard for tipping delivery drivers? Are the rules the same as dine inresturants? I usually tip at least two bucks.

Comment

I always get my food from the local pizza place really quick. And of course we tip well.

One time we had this really bad snowstorm. First we called the pizza place and made sure they were delivering, then the delivery guy pulled up in our driveway and we opened the garage door to pick up the cheesy goodness, and yes he got like a 50% tip that day.
              https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Unless the rules have changed (and it's been 20 years *sighs*), if you tip via credit card, the tip is reported to the IRS fully. If there isn't a 'trackable' charge, a 15% tip is assumed for tax purposes. So if you tip under 15%, you're actually costing the driver a very small amount of money...Unless you put it on a credit card, then the IRS knows you're just a cheap bastich

Comment

The delivery drivers here love delivering to me. I have a slight OCD problem when it comes to numbers.. I like nice round numbers when dealing with money. So I always round it to the nearest 5. Most of the time I order the $10.99 special..which is 12.99 after the delivery charge (that does not go to the driver) I either give them a $20 (and say 'no change, keep it), or if I use my card put a tip to equal it up to $20. Like somebody else said..I get my pizza early every time, and lots of smiling faces.
                  Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

My rule for tipping (I'm a driver) is 4$ or 20%, which ever is greater.
                    http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

Comment

One of my exes was a pizza guy, and they had their ways of making sure the good tippers got their food first, even if it was against the "rules". The way they figured, if they dared try and impress someone who was already going to stiff or had kids who always ganked the tip money, they'd take the risk of going out of their way to deliver to the good tippers first, to keep them happy and keep them tipping well.
                      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Tracking

Quoth Mytical View Post
                        The delivery drivers here love delivering to me. I have a slight OCD problem when it comes to numbers.. I like nice round numbers when dealing with money. So I always round it to the nearest 5. Most of the time I order the $10.99 special..which is 12.99 after the delivery charge (that does not go to the driver) I either give them a $20 (and say 'no change, keep it), or if I use my card put a tip to equal it up to $20. Like somebody else said..I get my pizza early every time, and lots of smiling faces.
                        I do something like that, but I do it to help track spending. If a non $xx.00 amount shows up in my bank report for Gas or Food I know something is wrong. I did catch a credit card that was hacked that way.

Comment

Technically, in C-style notation (used in most programming), numbers that lead with just a zero are octal, implying a tip of 8 somethings. ("0x" is used for hexidecimal, and there is no way to directly express binary; but since a byte is the smallest unit of memory, two hex nibbles work just fine. Any programmer worth his keyboard can mentally convert hex to binary.)

I know you all wanted to know this.

Comment

Quoth sirwired View Post
                            Any programmer worth his keyboard can mentally convert hex to binary.
                            Or not +1.

(The two complement each other)
                            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                            X