This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, nice try

There's a woman who comes into the store on a regular basis. She came in the other day, and I remembered her. As it happened, one of the owners was in the store, too. The woman wandered around for some minutes, then came up to the counter with an item, telling me that she couldn't find the price.

Oh, gee. Look at that. The plastic part is there, but there's no tag. Imagine that! Didn't that happen with you on a previous occasion? What a coincidence, that the same woman should have the same experience in the same store at least twice!

The owner told me that she pointed out where she had found the item, claiming "There's no tag!" - while slapping one of her pockets.

If she tries this again, I'm going to tell her that the item, whatever it is, costs a huge amount. Just to see the look on her face.

Are you at a thrift store by any chance? When I worked at one, people would do this all the time. Our unofficial policy was to price the item in our head at a reasonable price and then add on $3-5 and tell the customer that price to discourage them from doing this.

Comment

Must happen at ours, too.

The Goodwill thrift store near me has a 24 hr policy. Any 'untagged' goods are sent into the back for pricing and are released to the floor after 24 hrs.

Comment

I noticed some of the thirft stores around here put up a new policy saying that anything not tagged will not get sold that day too.

Comment

Quoth angelgirl View Post
          The Goodwill thrift store near me has a 24 hr policy. Any 'untagged' goods are sent into the back for pricing and are released to the floor after 24 hrs.
          Your Goodwill is definitely run differently than ours. Anything not priced starts at $3.00. Everything else is tagged.
          Random conversation:
          Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
          DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

My husband is a manager at a Goodwill Store and he tells me all the time how someone will pull stupid shit like this in order to save $3. He argues with customers over if an item is a t-shirt or a blouse (there is a $1 or 2 difference) and they always try to say "well that's a T-shirt at X-mart" and he always replies, "Well, this isn't X-Mart is it?". Pulling the tag off isn't going to make any difference in their store, but people still try it.

Comment

Working...
            X