This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I offended Someone!

I have a lip piercing. I wear a small diamond stud that I crafted nearly every day. Nobody has a problem with it, most importantly my boss could care less.

I had a woman and her husband come in to look at some jewelery. He took one look at me and said "that's disgusting". I was totally expecting that there was a giant bug on the wall behind me (eww) or maybe I had a booger hanging out of my nose (well, maybe not). He said that he was offended by my piercing and that it was against his "religion" to do business with someone like me. I said "ok" and walked off. He lingered around as if he expected me to apologize for my offensive appearance.

I highly doubt they were going to buy anything anyway.

Against his religion? What? And someone like you? What, a nice guy who just so happens to have a piercing? Pfft. You don't need the business of ignorant fucks like that. Also, my first instinct on reading the thread title was to say "Hey, congrats!" Hahaha!
    "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

His problem, then. Not yours. Some people get hung up on petty bullshit.
      "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

So, tell me that means you ruined a Christmas.

You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Awww....I haven't ruined any Christmases yet. *pouts* Well, there's still time.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Wah wah wah...that guy's everyday life must be pure torture.

Apparently I offended someone on the phone the other day, probably by saying "no" to whatever she demanded. I saw it in the order notes from a coworker a day or two later, saying I'd been "rude" to her and she didn't want to talk to me again. Fine by me
            "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Hmm, well, after re-reading the OP, if it's a jewelery store, I hope the OP ruined an engagement. Muahaaha.
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

After seeing how unreasonably prejudiced the guy was, I hope it ruined his whole relationship
                This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Some cultures look upon body modification very negatively, which is why facial piercings will generally disqualify you from a job in many hospitality fields.

A pawn shop? Not so much. Guy was just looking for a reason to be offended.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

You DID do something wrong. You forgot to smile politely and wave "mbuhbye!" LOL

I don't get some people though. Who in their right mind think that everyone is a mind reader and will dress/act/speak or do whatever they expect the customer to want them to do? If that's really an aspect of a person's specific ideals, then they need to wake up and realize they're in for a lifetime of "disgust" when strangers do not bow to their whims. I don't want to go into fratching territory over what I just said though, but c'mon people...
                    Last edited by emax4; 12-12-2011, 12:50 PM. Reason: changed "person's specific religion, then they need to find a new religion" to something else

Comment

I wonder if he says that to everyone that has something different about them. What is "disgusting" is that he would walk up to a total stranger and be this rude.

Comment

Quoth BeenThereDoneThat View Post
                        Wah wah wah...that guy's everyday life must be pure torture.
                        No kidding. I can't go anywhere without seeing someone with multiple piercings, tattoos, gauges, what have you. I've got coworkers with same. Body modifications are everywhere; you've got to get used to it or you're going to have an extremely limited social life.
                        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                        My LiveJournal
                        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Of course, it could have been an excuse to tell his wife no. She was actually really nice and remained in the store after he left. Didn't appear to phase her one way or another.

Comment

He must have been a Liptherian. Badum tish!
                            I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Man, this douche would have shat his pants in rage if he ever went to my old college. Art students tend to be very eccentric and people there had all manner of things pierced.

Comment

Working...
                              X