This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday Stupidity . . . .

May have been the full moon, but I'm getting to where I dislike working nights . . .

Manager Inaction

This is probably more of a MIM type gripe, however I really don't feel like making a small post about this one.

No sooner did I get clocked in at 3 I was asked by the AM to take care of the daily price changes. That in itself wasn't the problem . . . there were 2 from late Friday night that still were not done and maybe 20 listed on the sheet that was in the printer.

Took care of those and it was probably a good thing I double checked the computer afterwards - or not.

The Friday daily group had NOT been completed (they must have come down after Ma had left when her hours ran out or she'd have taken care of those) The group showed a total of 120 or so but almost 50 of those were not activated.

Needless to say, that gave me some more time away from the front end so I could print up that list and finish those.

I'm sure Ma was pissed when she came back in this morning - but I'll explain what happened when I go back in tomorrow. Company policy states that when the pricing coordinator isn't there to take care of the price changes, it's store management's responsibility. Naitch left early Friday and was off Saturday, meaning it should have fell onto our new AM. This new AM is as useless as a box of rocks.

Saturday Night Shoplifters

We have a new LP guy who's been working our store recently and did he have a busy night.

While I was out and about the store taking care of said price changes, we had a visit from the cops. From what I heard Daria say (Baby Beavis' sister, who works part time in the office now) one tried to get away with a roast stuffed inside the front of his pants.

Needless to say, we had to trash that roast due to food safety issues . . . and we don't know of anyone who would be that kinky to want to even think of cooking that, let alone eat it.

2nd one I heard about tried to make it out the door with a tallboy Bud and one of the smaller packs of summer sausage, which I saw on the table in the breakroom when I went on my dinner break.

Pathetic . . . somebody must have been trying to overcompensate or something

Last guy of the evening was a damn doozie . . . one of our regulars who'd been coming in at least as long as I've worked there got caught - with two jars of instant coffee. I got a good look at him sitting in the breakroom with LP guy and one of our local police officers when taking damages to the back.

He was led out of the store in cuffs a short time later. Turned out not only did he try to shoplift, but also had weed on him.

Of course, we're all wondering what else he made off with during his other stops into the store over the years now. We may never know that answer, but at least he won't be back shopping stealing from us again.

What a Grade-AA Dumbass.

So how was ya'lls weekend?
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Wow. Great for your LP guy! Kudos!

Hope they banned the dumbass, since he's probably already bailed out of jail
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
      This new AM is as useless as a box of rocks.
      I'd like to file a complaint on behalf of boxes of rocks. They would like it noted they are USEFUL. They can be used to line a walkway, make a wall, hold down papers/napkins during a windy picnic. They can be skipped for entertainment and even used to bop idiots (although they dislike that usage immensely and prefer you don't put them to that use). They request you compare him to sludge.

Comment

The first two reply posts aren't jokes about stuffing meat down ones pants? Eesh, how things have changed.

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
          we had a visit from the cops. From what I heard Daria say <snippy> one tried to get away with a roast stuffed inside the front of his pants.
          Now, I may be reading this wrong (please correct me if I am), but one of the cops tried to steal a roast?

..........please tell me I'm wrong, please....
          Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

Quoth emax4 View Post
            The first two reply posts aren't jokes about stuffing meat down ones pants? Eesh, how things have changed.
            Some days we aren't up to much.
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Syriilord

Now, I may be reading this wrong (please correct me if I am), but one of the cops tried to steal a roast?

..........please tell me I'm wrong, please....
              One of the THIEVES tried stealing a roast.

Comment

Moral: If you want to steal crap from a store, don't try to have any illegal substances on you!!! It's a moral that no one will ever seem to learn.

Comment

Quoth Teskeria View Post
                  They request you compare him to sludge.
                  Organic sludge can be useful. It can produce fertilizers, alcohols (fuel, primarily, rather than drinking alcohol), and can even be feed for an algae farm.

I request that he be compared, instead, to toxic waste.
                  Seshat's self-help guide:
                  1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                  2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                  3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                  4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                    I request that he be compared, instead, to toxic waste.
                    Now, now, I would argue that toxic waste can be quite useful. It has brought us many superpowered heroes over the years, and where would we be without them today?

I humbly request that he be compared the sort of customers who whistle and/or snap the fingers in order to get workers' attention.
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth emax4 View Post
                      Pfft; it's not about stuffing the meat down one's pants. It's what the meat's being stuffed with that's more worrisome.

Comment

Quoth Salted Grump View Post
                        Pfft; it's not about stuffing the meat down one's pants. It's what the meat's being stuffed with that's more worrisome.
                        *coughs*

Getting back to comparisons, isn't it interesting how no one wants to be compared to these morons?

That's just sad.
                        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I would also add that a box of rocks makes a wonderful gag gift.

Comment

It's a perfect gift for the geologist in your life.
                            Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                              Now, now, I would argue that toxic waste can be quite useful. It has brought us many superpowered heroes over the years, and where would we be without them today?
                              On the other hand, toxic waste has also given us enormous, mutated spiders, cancer, birth defects, and Love Canal.
                              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                              X