Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We have to cater to our nocturnal undead customer base too, sir, madam, or thing."
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

the crazy is strong with her.

in my home town dusk comes pretty fucking early in the winter. According to google the sun will set at 4:30 PM today. So closing at dusk means... lots of pissed off customers.

I can imagine she'd go crazy in places like Oslo... Right now their sunrise is at 9:15 AM. and it sets at 3:10 PM. Yep just 6 hours of sunlight.

although she'd love the summer... sunrise at 3:54am, sunset at 10:41 pm...

Comment

Not very often at all that someone complains about a store being OPEN, rather than complaining that you aren't open 24/7 to cater to their every whim.
        "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Way back in the days of yore (that's before day light was invented) I was employed in HS bagging and toteing groceries to customers cars. A particularly mean old man that had an opinion about everything commented one day that it was unhealthly for us bag-boys to run out into the heat of the day when it was so cool in the building, that we'd catch our death of cold. He also demanded I so inform the manager and I did. The next week it was pushing 100f and 100% humidity, Mr. Sourpuss comes in with his usual gripes and complaints, as I was bagging his eats I reminded him about what he said last week and he asked what the manager said, I told him the manager told me to tell him to take his own grocerys out himself and I walked away. Mr. Sourpuss never broached that subject again.
          During that time I also had several old women try to pinch my cheeks. It took some bobbing and weaving but I avoided them. One asked my Mom why I did that and she said "Would you like someone pinching and bruising your face???" I got a great Mom.
          Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
            According to google the sun will set at 4:30 PM today.
            Even at my office job, I have to drive home in the dark at this time of year.
            Sometimes life is altered.
            Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
            Uneasy with confrontation.
            Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

One of hubby's nephews is an Army doctor and his family was just reassigned from Texas to Fairbanks, Alaska. Loony daytime lady would really hate the 30 days of night there, wouldn't she?? Then again, at the summer solstice I guess she wouldn't sleep at all!
              "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

I wonder what this loony thinks of hospitals too. What's that? An intruder broke in to your house, stole your shit and shot you? Well, call 911 and you'll hear an automated message that they will be open at 9 am, and no point driving outside because the hospitals are closed too...

Comment

Quoth MrSunshineState View Post
                  I'd be a lot more worried about The Mist outside grocery stores than darkness. But I think that only happens in Maine.
                  I just reset my password so I could reply to this. After the last hacks, I've only lurked. You, Sir, are awesome.

Comment

This time of year, you're lucky to see sunshine long after 4 pm. So, technically, even the people with the "best" working hours still go home in the dark, if not the dusk time. I guess every job will have to let off at 4 pm every day
                    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

LOL, I remember reading "The Mist" while working security on a construction site, on one of the foggiest nights of the year. And to do my rounds, I had to leave my nice site trailer every hour and go walking in that pea soup shit!
                      If there's a good way to freak yourself out, that's gotta be it. Yeesh.

Comment

The SC obviously lives in Sunnydale.
                        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Amanita View Post
                          LOL, I remember reading "The Mist" while working security on a construction site, on one of the foggiest nights of the year. And to do my rounds, I had to leave my nice site trailer every hour and go walking in that pea soup shit!
                          If there's a good way to freak yourself out, that's gotta be it. Yeesh.
                          I like to freak out people reading "The Stand" by standing nearby and coughing and sneezing a lot.
                          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth MrSunshineState View Post
                            I'd be a lot more worried about The Mist outside grocery stores than darkness. But I think that only happens in Maine.
                            Quoth mharbourgirl View Post
                            Oh no, it happens here in Nova Scotia too. Driving in pea-soup fog after dark is scary shit, man, especially if you happen to meet one of those arsewipes with the super-white headlights on their cars.
                            Since "The Mist" was capitalized, I assume MrSunshineState was referring to a Stephen King story.
                            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
                              Not very often at all that someone complains about a store being OPEN, rather than complaining that you aren't open 24/7 to cater to their every whim.
                              I was about to say that. I tend to get the customers who go, "Waaambulance! You're closing at ten! How dare you close, when I neeeed petrol! Boo hoo!" rather than "How dare you be open after dark?! Don't you know that vampires come out then and I want to do my shopping when it's free of the undead?!"
                              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                              My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero
                                The SC obviously lives in Sunnydale.
                                Dude! Mr. Hero, you sir are *my* hero. Buffy reference for the fucking win.

Yes I'm a Buffy freak why do you ask. :P
                                Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                                Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Working...
                                X