This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free refill on same visit only =/= Refills whenever

So I get an SC who comes in with an empty McDs cup and wants a refill of sweet tea, which is behind the counter. I tell her the price.

SC *catbutt face* "Oh, you're charging me?"
    Me "Yes..."
    SC "I thought refills were free."
    Me "Refills are free only on the same visit."*points to sign that says this*
    SC "This IS the same visit. I bought this, went home, and now I'm back."
    Note: She had even cleaned the cup.

She got a good talking to about how leaving the store does not equal same visit.

Ha! The nerve of some people!
    There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.

Comment

I know. I love how she didn't even try and lie about having been there the whole time. Wouldn't have worked since the cup was clean and I watched her walk in, but still would have been better than her readily admitting to leaving and still expecting a refill.

Comment

So if she goes to the bathroom in the morning does she think going later in the day is the same "visit" too?
        "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
          So if she goes to the bathroom in the morning does she think going later in the day is the same "visit" too?
          Yep. She's still full of the same shit.
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Starshmucks used to give refills whenever as long as you had their cup; dad used to 'abuse' this policy (I would always make sure to leave a tip if I was tagging along). He stopped one day after the cup he had been toting around for I-don't-know-how-long finally failed at the seam (luckily he wasn't holding the cup when this happened). The manager at the next store we stopped at gave us a few coupons (unasked-for) and two free drinks right there.

When dad found out they had stopped the 'anytime refill' policy, he was a slight SC about it (didn't claim 'same visit', just was a bit puzzled) but accepted the explanation the first time.

I've walked into DD with my travel mug and only been charged for a refill (50 cents); I didn't even know they had a refill option.
            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

At my old movie theater we'd have people bring in their large popcorn bags from eons ago to get them filled again; some would even dig a bag out of the lobby garbage...right where we were watching! It helped that we rotated the color of our bags
              "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

some would even dig a bag out of the lobby garbage...right where we were watching!

And we wonder why there are so many diseases and viruses going 'round. Lovely.
                The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

The in-house McDonalds at my Little Shop of Horrors actually put up a sign that declared that if you leave the restaraunt, you don't get refills anymore. They also took the water away because so many consumers would come in and order a water for free, then fill it up with soda. It was disgusting.

Now I've left the in-house McDonalds and then come back and kept getting refills. But I left my stuff at the table, and I only went to the bathroom. The staff there understood that.
                  Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                    Yep. She's still full of the same shit.
                    Best followup of the week.

Comment

Working...
                    X