This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rude Old Man

Inexplicably rude old man, too. I post this in the hope that someone may shed some light on why this man was so obnoxious. For clarity, where I work, we are told not to touch customer's credit/debit cards for reasons of security; ie, if their card is cloned, then they can't come back and blame us for it. It's a little silly, but hardly something to drop the dummy over.

I was working in the evening, and it was getting close to home time, so I was in quite a good mood... at least, til Rude Old Man (ROM) decided to patronise the petrol station. The following exchange took place when he came in to pay for his fuel.

Me: Hi, what pump are you on?
    ROM: *mutter*
    Me: Sorry, what pump was that?
    ROM: Pump seven.
    Me: That'll be twenty pounds. Do you have a store card?
    ROM: *slams it down, doesn't speak*
    Me: *swipes store card* Can you put your card in the machine, please?
    ROM: *ignores me*
    Me: *a little louder* Can you please put your card in the machine?
    ROM: *picks up his card and shoves it in the machine* Useless bitch.
    Me: *says nothing*
    ROM: *leaves once transaction is completed, says nothing*

Jeez, who pissed in his Weetabix this morning?
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Have a Bluetooth headset on and was talking to someone else?
    Just dumped for the zillionth time and hates everyone?
    Member of the First Church of Asshatery?
    Generic Jerk?
    Invisible Imps of Satan are crawling all over him, stabbing him with teeny tiny pitchforks, telling him to make everyone around him miserable or it'll get worse?

Sorry Lace, sometimes there's just no way to interpret these things.

Comment

Some people are just grumpy for grumpiness' sake. Also sounds like he was expecting you to do everything for him. Don't sweat it too much, though. Like my mom always says- At the end of the day, you don't have to take 'em home.
      "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

I've noticed a LOT of people hate answering questions, even when the questions are very important to the transaction.
        "What drink would you like with your meal?"
        *SIGH!!!!!!* "COKE!!!!"
        Fuck, okay, next time I'll just guess.

Maybe he is one of those people that hate answering questions and think that everyone should read his mind because he is a douche nozzle types of people.

Comment

My vote is for Generic Jerk. He might have had additional issues adding to it, but most people are not that sucky just because one or two things are going wrong in their lives. Sorry you had to deal with him.
          "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

If I'd known that he wanted everything done for him, I'd have wheeled him to his car in a trolley.
            My DeviantArt.

Comment

Oh, I hate people that hate to be "bothered" to answer any questions. You weren't begging for him to sign up for anything. If we were busy enough at the gas station, I had to ask people what pump they were on, and without fail, a lot of people would shrug, flare their arms, grunt or sigh "SIX!" or just go "God dammit, 20 dollars!!!"
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I get that a lot here... Which is great, considering there's a 1/4" sheet of plate glass between me & the card machine!
                This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                  Have a Bluetooth headset on and was talking to someone else?
                  Just dumped for the zillionth time and hates everyone?
                  Member of the First Church of Asshatery?
                  Generic Jerk?
                  Invisible Imps of Satan are crawling all over him, stabbing him with teeny tiny pitchforks, telling him to make everyone around him miserable or it'll get worse?

Sorry Lace, sometimes there's just no way to interpret these things.
                  You left out one:

One of the Irv's Clearance Swamp Customers escaped and swam across the ocean to Lace's shop.
                  Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Well, could be dementia or whatever. People who have that often get extremely belligerent.

Comment

Or, of course he's just a dickhead. Screw him, you're better than that.

Comment

Well, yeah. There is always that.

Comment

Customers always get annoyed with me when they bring up items without tags on them, they tell me the price like I can just type in a price, but we don't do that, we need the item number. Its especially annoying with the hardware, in the aisles little baggys and pens are provided so that they can write down the item numbers so when they get to the register we don't have to search our books trying to match the pieces to pictures to find an actual barcode, they huff and puff about it and say, "it's .21" well first of all how do i know that for sure, second of all I can't just plug in a number and 3rd if you had just written down the item numbers to begin with we'd be finished. The worst though is when they bring up the baggies with just the price written on them, umm... you could take the time to write down the price but not the item number the thing I actually need, the thing you know i need since you come in here 20 times a week.

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                            You left out one:

One of the Irv's Clearance Swamp Customers escaped and swam across the ocean to Lace's shop.
                            *insert Vaderno here* It's bad enough coping with my own SCs here, without having to deal with ones from overseas as well!
                            My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                            X