This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think so... with a side of haha

So I was finishing up my last room and it had been a day of hell. I was out in the hall getting towels off my cart when this HUGE group of people showed up, they were assholes right off the bat. First off they went snickering, laughing and making fun of me and my coworkers.
    And then they couldn't get their door open so they decided to start kicking their door to get my or my coworkers attention. I of course ingnored them( I never give into that inmature crap). So then they decide to just stand in the middle of the hallway and scream HOUSEKEEPING!!!
    I just looked at them and rolled my eyes... No way am I going to answer them. My coworker did and she opened the door for them. I just shrugged it off and finished my room. I was dumping my trash and linen and all of a sudden I smelled what I knew was pot smoke. After a few mins it was so strong it was burning my eyes. My coworker was too scared to turn them in, I was like Oh hell no. I called the front desk and they sent the building manager up as I was leaving.
    First off we are a classy hotel not a party hotel( they had seriously 10 cases of beer) and second off why the fuck would you make fun of the poor housekeepers, cause you're a rich entitled prick.

Good on you for keeping your cool.

Hopefully they didn't trash the room.

I never do get why people treat housekeepers/cleaners/janitors/etc. like that. The work may not be glamorous, but it's necessary work everyone that should appreciate having done.
    There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

What they failed to relize is that if they had just not been assholes, I would had maybe considered not turning them in. I would had probadly just laughed and thought oh well hope the have a good weekend.

Comment

Why did your coworker let them in? Isn't that a serious security breach?

Comment

Would it have been okay if you had flat out called the police? Would have been some nice dishing of justice for the cops to walk up to the door and smell the pot smoke. >3

Comment

Quoth alogram View Post
            Why did your coworker let them in? Isn't that a serious security breach?
            That's what I was thinking. We make our housekeepers send them to the front desk. As a housekeeper, I have made exceptions for the mobility-impaired, but only after I checked their ID and verified with the front desk. Just letting someone into a room because they say it's their's is a serious no-no. I hope your coworker was able to verify it was indeed their room.
            Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth candyshopgirl View Post
              First off we are a classy hotel not a party hotel( they had seriously 10 cases of beer) and second off why the fuck would you make fun of the poor housekeepers, cause you're a rich entitled prick.
              Got it in one. Rich people with class appreciate people who work for a living. They probably started out doing something similer, after all.
              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
              X