This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's not like his job is that hard!

I know I have an expressive face at times... and this time I hope the woman saw the look on my face when her stuck-up teenager started bashing Nicholas. (like wtf, he looks like santa.. leave him alone!)

Original issue: woman was a bit pissy because she couldn't get her phone exchanged in store.

Her:well we USE to just do that!
    Me: the system doesn't let us do it anymore

I saw Nicholas walking by looking frazzled but she wanted me to ask so... and like I suspected he said "no". It has to go to the service center and they'll send her another one back.

Nicholas went off to handle another fire.

Spoiled Teen: Old man! *SNEER*
    Mother: *gasp* *scolded her son*
    Spoiled Teen: Well it's not like his job is that hard!

I didn't say anything... because my first instinct was to defend Nicholas. He works his ass off.

And part of me - no, ALL of me - hopes that kid finds himself a job where he has to work as hard as Nicholas. Cos I'm sure sucking off of mommy's milk supply is sooo hard compared to being a manager in a large retail store the week before Christmas.

Wait... a guy named Nicholas looks like Santa a.k.a. Saint Nicholas? You just might have Santa working for you. He certainly is a hard worker, and that little kid should definitely watch what he says or else Nicholas is going to give him coal.
    Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
    Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
    Fiancee: What?!
    Me: Nevermind.

Comment

Quoth thehuckster View Post
      Wait... a guy named Nicholas looks like Santa a.k.a. Saint Nicholas? You just might have Santa working for you. He certainly is a hard worker, and that little kid should definitely watch what he says or else Nicholas is going to give him coal.
      Coal would be useful in this economy as fuel for heat in the winter.

Santa, I'm sure, has updated somewhat, giving something else with less worth, value and use. Like an AOL installation CD-ROM.
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post

Santa, I'm sure, has updated somewhat, giving something else with less worth, value and use. Like an AOL installation CD-ROM.
        Better still if it were on a 3 1/2" floppy disc.
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
          Better still if it were on a 3 1/2" floppy disc.
          You're thinking too small. 5 1/4" floppy disks!
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

Comment

Heck, lets go even further back. A half used ribbon for a late 19th century typewriter.

Comment

Ouch! We used to use them to put our drinks on.

Quoth NateTheChops View Post
              Heck, lets go even further back. A half used ribbon for a late 19th century typewriter.
              Nah, that at least would be worth something to someone who likes antiques.
              They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
                Ouch! We used to use them to put our drinks on.
                I have a friend who collected them. Said he was going to re-shingle his roof with them.

Comment

Or send the Krampus after him ...

Just found out about this character despite the fact my maternal grandparents had him in their lore ... he accompanies Santa and punishes the bad children, leaving Santa free to reward the good. "When the Krampus finds a particularly naughty child, it stuffs the child in its sack and carries the frightened child away to its lair, presumably to devour for its Christmas dinner." (from Wikipedia)

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                    Spoiled Teen: Well it's not like his job is that hard!
                    "Really? I'd like to see you try it sometime. We'll see how long you last before you run crying to your mommy."
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Not really. I just rename everyone from work when I post about them here.

I picked the name because I think he looks a little like Santa. And he's rather likable.

Kinda like how I named the old superviser Opie. It's short for Opossum cos guys are always hunting the things and posting pictures of the kills on another message board I go to... so it's not exactly a nice nickname.

Others just get generic nicknames like Keith (head tech), Paul (another tech who is great in sales too), George (formerly "new manager")... can't remember if anyone else has nicknames tho.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                        "Really? I'd like to see you try it sometime. We'll see how long you last before you run crying to your mommy."
                        yes. i think he'd be one of those people you see on PFB posting about "OMG why was I fired! I only worked there for a day but I know more than everyone else in the store!!!!" ... assuming he even made it through the first interview.

Comment

A lot of teens will say naive things like that because they haven't worked a day in their lives. Once they get out in the real world and see just how hard it is to work a low-level job and get shit on by customers all day, they'll change their tune.

Comment

yeah... i even saw santa yelling at a customer today (threatened to kick him out). i'd like to see how Snobby Teen would hold up against ragers like that without mommy's pants to hide behind.

Comment

Quoth NateTheChops View Post
                              ooh, I need one of those in my stocking! I found one of those old black metal typewriters at a garage sale really cheap, just needs a good cleaning all over to make it all shiny, and a ribbon to work. Gonna look nice on my rolltop desk.....

Madness takes it's toll....
                              Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Working...
                              X