This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yesterday was the worst day of the Christmas season

Started off with a winner. FYI I do returns at a huge retailer.

First return of the day was an unopened xbox no big deal......if only

The customer that returned went back to get the system he wanted and told another customer who was looking for a xbox that he just returned one. Problem is that I already sold that xbox to another customer(uhoh).

SC-I want to buy the Xbox that was returned

Me-Sorry sir I already sold it.

SC-WTF why would you do that

ME-B/c another customer wanted it

SC- Well so do I. What do you plan to do about it??

Me-Sir there is nothing I can do.

SC-You F'n bitch you ruined my son's christmas(yay me) that is all he wanted. What am I do to

awesome customer- oh buddy she didn't ruin your son's Christmas you did. Why the hell did you wait so long if thats all your son wanted
    SC-Fu asshole stay out of it. This bitch ruined christmas She works at huge retailer her kids prolly(he said it that way) don't get any gifts b/c she is soooo poor.

Me- Sir I have been done Christmas shopping for mnths now believe me my son got more than enough. Now there is nothing I can do for you. You might want to check other stores

SC-Well can you call every store till you find one. You need to redeem yourself before I have you fired for selling my xbox.

Awesome customer- buddy just leave.

He did I was shocked.

About 20 mins later....

Sc comes screaming up to me(here we go) She got 200 items and wants a gift receipt for all. Well the cashier missed one. No big deal easy fix.

SC-You idiots messed up. I want gift recepts for all my items. I have 200 items and only 199 gift receipts. You people are morons. I hate you all.
    Me-Do you know what item it was.

SC-No thats your job to know.

Me-Ok I can look(thinking in my head if it was me I would already know)

SC-Just hurry up I am in a hurry

Me-I will go as fast as I can
    after looking I found the item. I think every customer behind her was pissed
    I jgot the gift receipt for it.

SC-Can you tape all the gift receipts to the box
    -i could hear the sighs behind her.
    SC-never mind you all are just sooooo lazy.(mind you I didnt say no yet)

A customer came up wanting the game Pop the pig. The toy manager said that its one of his most popular toys. They come in and sell right away.

SC-Where is Pop the Pig. I looked and there is none on the self

Me-Maam that is a very popular toy is sells out as fast as it comes in

Sc-just look in the back and do ur job my daughter wants the toy.

Me-maam I already know we dont have it. The manager said so

SC- assholes ruined Chrsitmas for my daughter.(again I am on a roll)

I called 6 different stores for her noone had it.

SC-F U and F this place noone wantes to help me. (uggg)

I didnt but it here but its your fault.

A lady bought a shirt a store thats put ink tags on clothes

SC-I have a slip for this item. I know I dint buy it here but they for got to take the tag off can you.

Me-sorry maam we don't have anything to take that off

sC-uggg now I have to drive all theway to that store
    I thought you guys had customer service. Why wont you help me. This isnt customer service. GET ME A MANAGER NOW.

Me-There is nothing they can do for you. This cant be fixed here. Just get me one they are gonna pay my gas.

my manager heard this and game out.

Manager-Maam we cant help you we are not paying your gas this was not our mistake. She walked away.

SC just threw the shirt down and walked out screaming about how bad we are.

ugg all that in 4 hrs

Quoth sweetj82 View Post
    SC-I want to buy the Xbox that was returned

Me-Sorry sir I already sold it.

SC-WTF why would you do that
    Uh, Dude, it's my job to sell things. Am I supposed to be telepathic and know you wanted to buy it also? Plus, first come first served. Your problem for waiting until the last fucking minute on an item that is always hot around the holidays.

Quoth sweetj82 View Post
    Sc comes screaming up to me(here we go) She got 200 items and wants a gift receipt for all. Well the cashier missed one. No big deal easy fix.

SC-You idiots messed up. I want gift recepts for all my items. I have 200 items and only 199 gift receipts. You people are morons. I hate you all.
    Me-Do you know what item it was.

SC-No thats your job to know.
    Oh, sweet jesus, mary and joseph. Lady, do you have any idea how much product this store moves? If you buy that many items, you need to keep track yourself.

Quoth sweetj82 View Post
    Me-I will go as fast as I can
    after looking I found the item. I think every customer behind her was pissed
    I jgot the gift receipt for it.

SC-Can you tape all the gift receipts to the box
    -i could hear the sighs behind her.
    SC-never mind you all are just sooooo lazy.(mind you I didnt say no yet)
    If she had not said this, and I had been standing in that line, I would have piped up, "Lady, just take your gift receipts and move out of line. Other people want to get served!"

Quoth sweetj82 View Post
    A customer came up wanting the game Pop the pig. The toy manager said that its one of his most popular toys. They come in and sell right away.

SC-Where is Pop the Pig. I looked and there is none on the self

Me-Maam that is a very popular toy is sells out as fast as it comes in

Sc-just look in the back and do ur job my daughter wants the toy.

Me-maam I already know we dont have it. The manager said so

SC- assholes ruined Chrsitmas for my daughter.(again I am on a roll)

I called 6 different stores for her noone had it.

SC-F U and F this place noone wantes to help me. (uggg)
    You're right lady, no one wants to help you. Why should we when you cuss us out and insult our ability to do our jobs when we told you we sell out as soon as that item comes in?

Quoth sweetj82 View Post
    A lady bought a shirt a store thats put ink tags on clothes

SC-I have a slip for this item. I know I dint buy it here but they for got to take the tag off can you.

Me-sorry maam we don't have anything to take that off

sC-uggg now I have to drive all theway to that store Just get me one they are gonna pay my gas.

SC just threw the shirt down and walked out screaming about how bad we are.
    She threw the shirt down because she shoplifted it. That's why she didn't go back to the original store.
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I don't know how you can stand that shit. I would've lost it by now if someone talked to me that way. When people curse/swear at me I refuse to deal with them. That's probably why I've never worked in customer service.

Comment

She threw the shirt down because she shoplifted it. That's why she didn't go back to the original store.
        Oh, I never thought of that. I have had stores actually forget to remove the security tag from my purchase, so I actually believed the story, but your idea makes way more sense. The funny thing is the alarm never goes off until I'm walking into a different store.

Comment

What are they thinking...assuming they are for the sake of argument? Starting your Christmas shopping that late and expecting to find all the latest hottest toys. What is that SC smoking?

I had my gifts shipped by Pearl Harbor Day. We spent Black Friday assembling our gift baskets. Yes, if you count the planting, gardening and canning, I essentially 'shopped' all summer and fall. OTOH, my recipients find those goodies a lot more meaningful than some gewgaw that will be in a garage sale by August.
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
            What are they thinking...assuming they are for the sake of argument? Starting your Christmas shopping that late and expecting to find all the latest hottest toys. What is that SC smoking?

I had my gifts shipped by Pearl Harbor Day. We spent Black Friday assembling our gift baskets. Yes, if you count the planting, gardening and canning, I essentially 'shopped' all summer and fall. OTOH, my recipients find those goodies a lot more meaningful than some gewgaw that will be in a garage sale by August.
            You have a point. I like homemade goodies as gifts and the best part is, eventually they are used up. Better to leave 'em wanting more than have them think, "Oh god, one more thing to dust!"
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

You know I am surprised that no-one has posted that someone in the last week tried to buy a HP WebPad for Christmas, a product that they stopped making three+ months ago and sold out of stock more than a month ago.

Comment

Christmas shoppers are the worst. Has no one heard of using Amazon to shop for Christmas?
                Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Normally I have my Christmas shopping done by August at the latest..this year not so much as keeping a roof over my head was a bit more concerning then holiday shopping. Mind, no year here is about money and shinny things, I like to find things that have a meaning behind them. I've seen the worst in people this time of year, and I've seen the best. I'm sorry that you seemed to have gotten a long string of the worst..shake it off, smile, and think of kittens shadow boxing. Then when you get home..find a zombie game to play..and imagine the zombies as the sc's
                  Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
                    Christmas shoppers are the worst. Has no one heard of using Amazon to shop for Christmas?
                    I think they intentionally don't use that, only because they can't yell at them over the internet and get away with it like they can in person. OR, they do have one more brain cell left to realize, "if I piss this person off, he/she could screw up my order, and I won't know who to blame!!!"

Comment

I gave up on Christmas shopping and just went to Visa gift cards years ago. People become bigger EW's the closer it gets to Christmas.
                      http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

Comment

Well the Christmas stuff is done, so chin up and be ready for Boxing Week crap. Then take yourself a mental health day or two

Comment

Quoth manybellsdown View Post
                          The funny thing is the alarm never goes off until I'm walking into a different store.
                          Had that experience a couple weeks ago. Was at a truck stop, heading to the showers, when the alarm went off as I was entering the C-store. Turned out it was the security tag on my Dr. Fowler's (a brand they don't even sell).
                          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
                            Wouldn't work for my MIL. She doesn't have a computer. Well, she had one but couldn't figure it out and so I got it.
                            "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

Thank you for once again reminding me why I don't work in retail.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                              Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                              X