Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your service says 24/7 but it's not REALLY 24/7!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your service says 24/7 but it's not REALLY 24/7!!!

Annoyed Lady turned in her computer to get it checked out for a virus.

AL: were you open yesterday?
    Me: No. The store was closed. (I didn't bother pointing out why cos... If you don't know it's Christmas I can't help you much with that one)

After I had her all checked in she mentioned that she'd tried calling the 800 number for help yesterday and that no one answered the phone.
    Me: The entire company was closed yesterday
    AL: well it's not really 247 then is it? *sneer*

Although she's probably just still bitter from Saturday. She assumed we would just scan her hard drive for viruses without the tower. And was annoyed that the answer was "no" because we have nothing to put them in... I mean well yeah we could mount them to our tech computer but we're not going to, not if they're infected with a virus.

meh.
    i offered to get her a supervisor though i mean nothing else i can do about her being bitchy that our phone techs weren't working on christmas. ain't my call.

And if your techs WERE working on Christmas, chances are her bill would be a LOT higher...(unless she's under warranty...)
    "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

no it's be covered under the service she paid for.
      i think she just wanted to be bitter

Comment

Proper response was "Oh it is 24/7. However it isn't 365!"

Comment

Quoth Teskeria View Post
          Proper response was "Oh it is 24/7. However it isn't 365!"
          This. I think one of the best responses to people like this is, "Were YOU at work yesterday?" Because the answer would probably be a shocked look and, "Of course not! It was Christmas!"

Unless she's one of those who had to work on Christmas so she was bitter that everybody doesn't.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
            This. I think one of the best responses to people like this is, "Were YOU at work yesterday?" Because the answer would probably be a shocked look and, "Of course not! It was Christmas!"

Ever since I've started with the current job, the first year between christmas and new years, the techs were in. Owner found it didn't make much sense with work load compared to the store front and has since declared that the techs are off and need to relax between christmas and new years. (It probably helped some that Owner is rather cheap and I make sure to save up my time off so I can either take the week off or get a nice last paycheque for the year.)
            *Probably a wise idea as the weeks leading up to christmas, I have what the FEM calls my serial killer smile on all day every day.*

You wouldn't believe the number of people who rip the front staff a new one about that. Some of the gems have included;
            How dare they take time off.
            Why aren't they here to serve me?
            It's not like they work the rest of the year. *said by a business client who always got a prompt on-site response whenever something went wrong.*
            But this is an emergency, my kid is driving me nuts without the computer.
            Various demands for our cell numbers, home numbers, home addresses, that we be called in right away, what vehicles do we drive, etc.

*I have been thinking of going in this week just to get some peace and quiet from the relatives.*

Comment

That's exactly what most people want to do on Christmas, sitting on the phone helping some moron with their computer for minimum wage. Yeah. She sounds like she was one of those people who just aren't happy unless they're complaining about something.
              The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

Working...
              X