Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good grief, are you serious? Of all the things to complain about, bitching about only ONE SINK?! Those types of reviews make me roll my eyes. If I ever leave a negative review, it's because of blatantly disgusting stuff...like the sink with a long, black hair in it like the last hotel I stayed in (ick), along with the stained sheets.
    "If you are planning not to tip, please let your server know before ordering so they can decide whether or not to wait on you" - from an advice column I read some time ago

Comment

I DO know some rooms have more than one phone. I still giggle when I recall my parents discovered their hotel either in San Francisco or New Orleans, wherever my dad's conference was at the time, had a phone, and I quote "in the pot"

Comment

The only complaint I *ever* made about a hotel/motel room was the one time I pulled the covers back to go to bed and found a centipede. I reported it to the office, and had them change out the sheets, as those things can leave behind some really nasty secretions. I did not throw a tantrum, or demand a refund for the night. I did let the rest of the gang know to check their bedding before bunking down for the night, though.

Oh wait, I do remember one other. The motel in Dallas where there were non-stop drug deals going on in the parking lot all night and the MOD refused to call the police about it for me. The phones could call only the motel switchboard--no way to get an outside line. That time, I *did* "request" (and get) a refund, and went elsewhere for the 2nd night. I would have gone as soon as I saw what was going on, but I was afraid to leave the room.
        Last edited by Primer; 01-02-2012, 08:00 PM.
        Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

People just want to complain

I am going on a cruise next month. So the person I am going with and I looked at some review sites. One place we are going to has about 20-25 reviews all giving 4-5 stars for how wonderful the snorkel and kayak tours are there. And one 1 star review where the person complains about how poor the local shopping mall is! This on an island with only 3700 people living there.

Everyone else is having fun in the Caribbean sun, getting into the water and having a good time with the best the island has to offer, but one person has to find something to complain about!

And going back to the hotel, why can't they use the internet to find out ahead of time which hotel will meet their needs?

Comment

Oh, you must snorkel. I went snorkeling in the Bahamas once and it was mind blowing. I'm jealous! I want to go again!

Who the fk wastes a day in the tropics in a MALL?????

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
              Oh, you must snorkel. I went snorkeling in the Bahamas once and it was mind blowing. I'm jealous! I want to go again!
              Me too...we went snorkeling twice on our honeymoon cruise, the first time off the coast of St. Maarten and then in the Bahamas. Very cool indeed. I don't mind doing a little bit of shopping in the tropics while on vacation - I do live in Florida, after all, so it's not too much of a stretch - but a mall is a bit much. I prefer small, local establishments when I'm in a different country, and especially an exotic one.
              "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Hang on a minute, hold the phone...

She's complaining about a single-occupancy room only having facilities for one person, and then admitting she had a second person staying in there?

Any chance of billing her for the extra occupancy?
                This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

They want silk and cashmere for their butts. I want a publishing contract with a real publishing house? Which one of us stands the better chance? Well, I'll give you a hint, S. C., it sure isn't you.
                  Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth BeenThereDoneThat View Post
                    I've stayed in some very nice hotels and I don't remember EVER seeing one with two sinks...even if there were two beds or a king sized bed. She is nuts.
                    There's two sinks in most of my hotel's single bed rooms, one in the bath and one as part of a vanity in the entryway. We're not exactly five star either.

That said, this lady's nuts. What a thing to complain about! As long as the bed's comfortable and the room's clean, who cares if there's only one sink! Lucky there's a character limit or I'd bet she'd complain about everything down to the exact fiber blend of the rugs. That sort just like to drag everyone down into their little sad world.

Comment

Quoth Comechatcha View Post
                      There's two sinks in most of my hotel's single bed rooms, one in the bath and one as part of a vanity in the entryway. We're not exactly five star either.
                      Oh, now that you mention it, a few hotels I've stayed at had an extra sink outside the main bathroom. Not two sinks on one vanity, though...and still most of the hotels I've been to only had one sink, even the high rise chains in big cities (naturally I was staying in those on someone else's dime...lol).
                      "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

i've stayed at a few Motel 6-type places. They sometimes have two sinks on a counter right outside the bathroom.

Comment

Here at the resort our upgraded rooms have double sinks in the master bath, then again they aren't exactly cheap so I guess you can expect to get a little more for your money and it is a timeshare resort not a hotel. I have also stayed at placed that have a sink in the bathroom as well as a vanity with a sink (which is what I think that woman was expecting) but all places I have stayed at mention that on their website so it isn't something that I would ever expect if I didn't see any mention of it and, while it is nice to have, not having one is hardly a deal breaker.

Comment

Glug glug glug

Quoth dalesys View Post
                            The hotel I stayed in last week (and the week before, and this coming week..) has three sinks... One huge one's at floor level and you sit in it, one's at knee level and you sit on it, and the last is at waist level and you stand in front of it.

... DON'T get them mixed up! ...
                            The huge one at floor level is for making gin.

Comment

Working...
                            X