Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Stupid And Suck Just Would Not End!

Whew-wee! And I thought the pre-holiday season had been tough. I had my first hellish Monday in a while!

I get gas before work and have a Darwin Award Contender next to me; the pump was filling her tank, but her car was running and she was sitting in the car scarfing-down her breakfast sandwich. Lady, I don't care if you blow your car up, but I LIKE mine!

Work was a day of bitching and moaning about from Customers and Tenants about how Mall Management isn't/is doing this/that. Ugh, I have no control over any of it, but had to be a shoulder to cry on.

A Man stopped me because he was pissed the cell phone store 'wouldn't' take his check. He ranted and swore about it, but left. I asked the store if they'd had trouble with the guy, and they told me he flipped after they told him they were having trouble processing checks at that time. So, the issue was 'couldn't' not wouldn't!

Then there were a couple of kids wheeling their bikes through the mall. We have bike racks. Love them. Use them.

I stopped in one of the stores to ask a quick question. Just as I got to the counter, I saw a 'Customer' yelling and swearing at the manager, who then picked-up the phone. Just as the manager turned around and saw me, phone to ear...My security cell rang Yep, the Customer was refusing to leave and I had to convince him that the Store no longer wanted him in there. He left, but continued to swear, of which I warned him he'd be kicked off property if he didn't stop. Long story short, seemed like he was disputing the return policy by claiming an employee told him something that the manager KNEW none of his employees would ever say.

I brought a few rings over to the gold buyer on my shift to see what I could get. Not enough to be worth it, but the smooth-talking jerk asked if I'd throw-in the ring I was wearing, which is my religious symbol. Not only did he and his assistant mock my choice of religion and kept telling me "that's stupid, there's only ONE TRUE GOD." he told me to just sell it to him so he could melt it down. Buddy, I'm never selling you anything now! I don't know if he thought he was being smart or cute, but if I was a regular customer I would have ripped him a new one.

It was busy inside, but I debated taking a quick tour around the parking lots just to check on things. Lo and behold I come across some guy hooking his pick-up truck up to a trailer belonging to one of our stores (they deliver furniture and such). After telling me that no, he doesn't work for Store X, he tells me a story about how his buddy was doing a job for another Store and asked him to pick-up his trailer for him, yadda yadda. He drove-off and I confirmed with the Store that they didn't know him. They checked the trailer and the lock on the hitch was missing, but we don't know if the guy was the one who cut it, or if he was telling the truth (there are several stores of the chain buddy was supposed to have been working at in the area, and the guy didn't seem scared or guilty, just honestly surprised). But the Store is pressing charges for attempted theft, so I might have to testify. Problem is, I was busy making sure the guy unhooked the trailer again and didn't get a good look at his features, so I don't think I could ID him.

Remember the Store with the irate Customer? 5-minutes before I leave, they call again for a group of kids they caught taking merchandise out of the package. The kids were gone by the time we got there, and we never caught sight of them again.

And I still had to give a ride home to a store employee whose car broke down; I'd offered after I got off work BEFORE I knew I'd be having a Hellbeast of a Day!

GAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Wishing you a much better Tuesday, LillFilly! Ugh, I would have been so pissed at those gold buying assclowns...
    "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Ooh. That's the kind of day one wishes they had an 'undo' button.
      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

the guy didn't seem scared or guilty, just honestly surprised
        At least 75% of the perps on "Cops" look the same way. Some people just get really good at looking "innocent."
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
        X