This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• happy new year...bleh

I came back from my winter vacation to find a mess. Thanks to all the zillions of complaints that we were getting about how old looking the hotel is and bad maintenance, the GM decided to do a LOT of renovations. Now the hotel looks really messy. :P
    On one hand I'm glad were getting some work done. On the other, it's taking forever. Dust is everwhere. The front door has to hang open to let the floor dry. People keep stepping all over the wet floor, even though there are signs saying not to.
    Added, last night Mr. B, my coworker, checked in this party girl and she snuck up about twelve of her friends, whooping and hollering. So it's gonna one of THOSE nights. Usually the partying crowd sticks with the weekends, I dunno why these idiots had to get hammered on a weekdays.
    Not too long after that, I checked in this reeeeealllly weird old woman who had a hard time hearing, and wanted a $20 suite for six nights. It's our slow season, but not that slow! I firmly said no, gently discouraging her away to another hotel, because something was off with her and I didn't need another headache. Unhappily, she agreed to my price and I had to give her the room. Why stay here if you don't like it? WHY? Plenty of other hotels...just next door! Grrrr...
    "Can I get your credit card and ID please?" I said.
    She handed them over, no actually handed the card over and THREW me the ID with a scowl. "Why'd you need to see my ID, anyway?" she griped.
    "All credit cards need an ID, mam," I said without looking up from my computer.
    "Never asked for my ID before, and I've stayed here yesterday."
    "They're supposed to." Quickly I finished with her at lightning speed for obvious reasons.
    So, she disappeared upstairs. Soon she called down and complained that some kids were banging her door. Yup, it was Partygirl and friends. I apologized and said that I would see. She wasn't satisfied with that, and said, "Oh--I thought that you would, I dunno, DO something!" Didn't I just say I would go up and see?! Dumb old bat.
    I go up and there's no one there, but someone threw pizza boxes with pizzas still in them all over the floor. I pick it up as best I could and hurry downstairs before some mope helps himself to the cash register or runs off with the lobby TV. We're in a bad area of the city.
    I write a note about it on our logbook and the phone rings again. It's Partygirl. She wants some pillows. Usually I bring them up, but if you're going to throw pizza everywhere and disturb other customers...I tell her ok, but "someone has to come down to pick them up from the lobby." She says ok.
    Hours pass. No one comes. I figure she has changed her mind. But no. She calls again. Again I tell her someone has to pick them up.
    "OH!" She giggles. "I thought---never mind. Ok!"
    Yeah.
    All in all what a way to start the new work year :P. I think it's only gonna get worse.
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

gee sounds familiar

I have worked night audit jobs off and on for the last 20 years and it never ceases to amaze me how many people feel entitled to party in their rooms. They are not happy enough spending until 1am in the ballroom celebrating at a wedding or in our bar until close at 2am. Oh heck no - they want to take the party up to a room meant for 4 people and stuff it with 20 or so loud, obnoxious drunks. Then they are surprised and mad when we start getting noise complaints and have to send security up to the room repeatedly. They are even more surprised when they are asked to have all people not registered to the room leave said room.

One night we had the father of the bride pissed off when we kicked everyone out of his daughter's suite. So what did the a-hole do? He moved everyone into his own suite and the complaints started anew. Hotel rooms are meant for sleeping only and not meant for places to continue a party. Shhheeeesh......

Comment

The one time I partied in a hotel room it was 6 people (I most likely being the loudest) and we started partying mid afternoon on a Saturday and moved the party before it got too late (probably 8 or 9 in the evening). And we never got any noise complaints (to my knowledge).
      Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
      Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

can't say i never hotel partied but that was back when I was in a military school
        and we didn't destroy the room

although the manager got mad cos he had to give them an extra room because the lock to the first was frozen - it was a bitter winter.

and the guys looked in through the window at the beer they couldn't get to, sighing...

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
          ...and the guys looked in through the window at the beer they couldn't get to, sighing...
          Peeping Toms!
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
          X