This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We can't override the system = we can't override the system

Had a customer the other day who was nice to me but... we still couldn't do what he wanted.

This is a bit of MOM too because of Keith.

The customer's item was broken and we had to send it off for a refurb-exchange. We use to have service plans where people just got to exchange items out but it's not that way anymore (except for some small items that just aren't economical to fix).

It's pretty easy though, customer brings the item in, we ship it out and while it's being repaired a refurb is sent back to us and given to the customer.

Dude: I want to exchange it out instead. *note he was polite*
    Me: I can't do it * not my exact words but again we were both being polite to each other*
    Dude: *requested manager*

So I went and got Keith who's now my supervisor (George and Opie are gone)
    Keith: *grumble! and was upset that I couldn't tell the customer 'no')

Dude: I want to exchange it out instead.
    Keith: *explains why it can't happen*

Dude: Oh there's Henry! we can ask him! (Henry is the top manager here)

Keith goes off to ask Henry, same answer.
    Dude: OK I'll go ask Henry....

Dude finally comes back and... yeah, exactly what I proposed in the first place, so I process the paperwork to send his stuff off
    as for Keith... seriously? Clearly Dude wasn't going to listen to me... since he went over your head too.

at least Dude was polite. But yeah... when we say we can't override the system we really can't override it.

...The Dude overrides...?

Put the salmon down, Pepper >_>
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

lol i did think of that when I named him. he didn't look like "The Dude" but he was polite so I wasn't going to give him a suck nickname

in fact he even made a point of saying he wasn't upset with *me* just the fact that he couldn't walk away with a new unit.

actually i think he's going to buy a new one and just return it when the refurb gets back. (although i personally think that's silly. i mean seriously? Dude you can't live without your games for a weekend? how did you live before they existed?)

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
        i mean seriously? Dude you can't live without your games for a weekend? how did you live before they existed?)

Two days ago I would have agreed with you...

Then the Steam servers crashed trapping my Nord Bjurni in Skyrim.

(Also just found out my phone doesn't auto-correct 'Skyrim' cool-ish)

Comment

Your topic seems a bit vague. Are you able to override the system?

*runs*
          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

But yeah... when we say we can't override the system we really can't override it.
            Unfortunately, there as so many stories on this board about managers who do override company policies and rules, that I am not at all surprised this customer thought if he just went high enough, he would get whatever he wanted.
            "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
            .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
              Your topic seems a bit vague. Are you able to override the system?

*runs*
              From the sounds of it, she can, she just doesn't WANT to.

*also runs*

Comment

Quoth South Texan View Post
                Unfortunately, there as so many stories on this board about managers who do override company policies and rules, that I am not at all surprised this customer thought if he just went high enough, he would get whatever he wanted.
                o i know. and ... well technically they kinda can. ish.
                they did it once for someone but it was a paperwork nightmare. but they only did it because he was up to his SEVENTH refurb.

with Dude he's only on his first incident so they're not going to go into paperwork hell for him

Comment

I'm assuming an apology from "Keith" for grumbling at you was not forthcoming, even though HE was "unable to say no" as well?

Comment

Keith apologize?

Comment

in fact he even made a point of saying he wasn't upset with *me* just the fact that he couldn't walk away with a new unit.
                      Yeah, well, that's just your opinion, man.
                      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

They love to say how they're not upset with *us* but it's obvious we're still good punching bags.
                        "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Working...
                        X