This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your ignorance amuses me

Hi everyone long time lurker first time poster.

Background: I work in tech support for an cable company that does telephone, analog and digital cable as well as internet.
    got a very amusing call tonight (some information left out to protect myself)
    East - Me
    INC - Ignorant NON-customer

East: opening spiel

INC: I called 30 minutes ago about my road being without cable

East: OK can i have your name to bring up an account

INC: I don't have an account with you.

East: OK can I have your address please so i can locate a nearby address.

INC: You don't need to do that Just send out a truck. I called in 30 minutes ago and still don't see a truck

East: I'm sorry but i do need to have an account open to send the technician to the location to repair the service.

INC: no you don't JUST SEND A TRUCK!!! CLICK

In all truth we cant send a technician to a street and tell him to troubleshoot we do need to have an address as it gives us the information on the equipment they are attached to. I guess he will have fun looking out his window for the next 30 minutes waiting for a tech to go out and to call back. I hope i get him again.

to CS as an official poster

This sounds almost exactly like my husband's story from when he worked overnights at an answering service. Someone called in to have him tell the cable company that they had no cable in his area. Hubby tried to get info out of him but he wouldn't give any...just kept repeating the same thing over and over. Gee, stealing cable much, are we?
    "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Turns out he did call back but he doesn't have service with my company he was just a neighbor calling in on behalf of other customers

Comment

Personally, I'd be wondering where he's stealing cable from, and check the houses in the area for just that

Comment

Quoth Easttech08 View Post
          East: OK can I have your address please so i can locate a nearby address.

INC: You don't need to do that Just send out a truck. I called in 30 minutes ago and still don't see a truck
          How the heck are you supposed to send out a truck without knowing where to send it?! Just ask your driver to drive around town looking for possible problems?!
          Quoth Evandril View Post
          Personally, I'd be wondering where he's stealing cable from, and check the houses in the area for just that
          Oh, absolutely.
          Last edited by XCashier; 01-09-2012, 09:52 PM. Reason: misssspelllling
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

If he did call back, a good response might be, "well gee.. you hung up before I could tell you that I'm waiting for your account number, and 30 minutes later I'm STILL waiting for your account number..."

Comment

Working...
            X