This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's Always One

I haven't posted on here in ages, which suggests that either I have an increasing tolerance for SCs, or they've decided to leave me alone (a fine chance that would be). Anyway, this week a particularly strange and annoying SC rocked up to get herself some grub at a busy time and really endeared herself to the staff.

Let me set the scene - there is a queue out the door and the restaurant is full, bar a few tables waiting to be laid. All our staff have only been awarded the regulation two hands each so delays are possible. Most people are taking this well, offering their sympathies as they can see how rushed we all are. Apart from SC who shouts at me from her place in line...

SC: Are you bothering to seat any of us? I've been waiting ages.

Me: Yeah, just getting a few spaces cleared and then we'll get everyone settled. ABout 2 minutes.

SC: No...NOW!

I don't take kindly to such things and figuring I would never win decided instead to walk away and get somewhere cleaned up ASAP. I never got the chance. SC pulls her companion from line and onto a chair at a dirty table where she demands she be fed within a given amount of time - else she won't pay.

She kills time while server after server refuses to serve her by bitching about the service to surrounding tables (who awesomely fight our corner). She responds by eating SOME OF THEIR FOOD. It's very rare that I'm astonished, but watching her munch her way through it I can't describe it as anything else. After she was served (by myself) things thankfully calmed, although I expect the memory of her visit will stay with me for some time.

Good grief! Where was management in all this?! Or aren't they allowed to do anything but bow and scrape, even to the worst SCs?

Comment

Sadly it was just about getting her to pay for them. Can't afford to turn away business I guess. I would have preferred to see her kicked out for her behaviour as would some other customers. I think the best hope we have is that she's so put out by having to pay that she doesn't come back.

Comment

I'm surprised no one punched her in the face for sticking her hands in their food.

Comment

Oh HELL no. If some loudmouth tried to take some of my food--that I paid for--things would get ugly.

I hate people who think the world revolves around them.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Whatever happened to the businesses that claim, "We refuse the right to refuse service to anyone." ??? I would've pointed at that sign and had her ass thrown out the door! But I guess in the current economy, that rule was thrown out in order to earn a few bucks from crazy, insane customers who wouldn't have lasted 2 minutes with their kind of behavior before the economy went down the toilet.

Comment

I would have slapped her hand away and called to have her removed from the property if I was the other customer.
              My 2 year old niece has better manners!

Comment

I can just picture me at dinner with the wife and the in-laws (all of us VERY healthy eaters) at our favorite Italian place. Suddenly, the loud bitch at the next table reaches across and grabs a slice of our chicken gorgonzola white pizza. WHACK! One hand on our pizza, and five forks in her hand. Problem?

Comment

Jerry Clower - The Last Piece of Chicken comes to mind for those other customers....

Comment

I agree. Were someone to try to eat my food, police would be involved. It is considered petty theft and officers would be called to deal with any person(s) who would do that to another.

After all I paid for the food, anyone who takes it from me is committing misdemeanor theft.
                    I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Quoth hornet95 View Post
                      Jerry Clower - The Last Piece of Chicken comes to mind for those other customers....
                      Personally, I'd have introduced them to Marcel's Talking Chainsaw myself.
                      "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

What economy problem?

Quoth downforit2008 View Post
                        Whatever happened to the businesses that claim, "We refuse the right to refuse service to anyone." ??? I would've pointed at that sign and had her ass thrown out the door! But I guess in the current economy, that rule was thrown out in order to earn a few bucks from crazy, insane customers who wouldn't have lasted 2 minutes with their kind of behavior before the economy went down the toilet.
                        What economy problem? The OP says they had people lined out the door, they had no business to lose, there were tons paying customers waiting to be served.

PS. If a stranger tried to just eat my food, I will give them a helping fork

Comment

Quoth Mongo Skruddgemire View Post
                          After all I paid for the food, anyone who takes it from me is committing misdemeanor theft.
                          Ah, but in a restaurant, you didn't pay yet for the food you are eating, did you?
                          I still miss my ex.
                          But my aim is getting better.

Comment

I thought it sounded like the SC was sitting at a vacant but uncleared table and eating the leftover food. Which is gross, but marginally better than stealing random customers' food? I guess?

Comment

She responds by eating SOME OF THEIR FOOD.
                              Most people I know stab with forks over that.

PS. If a stranger tried to just eat my food, I will give them a helping fork
                              yep.

Comment

Working...
                              X