X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Eisa View Post
    Is it yours?
    Of course it is.

And I don't understand why everyone's getting so amped up about another pun battle. Haven't we drummed that kind of behavior out yet? You would think we'd be above such cymbal-mindedness.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
      So who'll be the Lord of the Flies?
      Who knows, they might be giants... All of this quilting talk has me in stitches anyway, tho it's becoming a bit of a skein to come up with new ones the longer this warped thread weaves on...
      The seventh song?
      Ahh, yes, Alvin (and the chipmunks) Maker, seventh son of a seventh songmaker...Or was that Songbird?

I'm such a Card.

play freebiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiird

*now has nightmares of hearing the chipmunks sing Freebird, live*
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
        So does that answer the age old question over whether we really do taste like chicken?
        eh, the taste differs from person to person.
        there's some people with issues that medication, therapy or a baseball bat just can't cure

Comment

Quoth AyreBiskits View Post
          eh, the taste differs from person to person.
          And if they (SC's) are served right. Don't forget the FAIL sauce.
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I'm just honored that the puns were in my thread

And, all quiet on the 'I want cheap shit' front. Which is as it should be.
            https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
              ...seven in one blow!
              I feel sheldon should Handel this leitmotif.
              Last edited by dalesys; 01-23-2012, 04:44 PM.
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                And if they (SC's) are served right. Don't forget the FAIL sauce.
                Ah yes. SC with Fail Sauce is a dish best served cold.

Quoth dalesys View Post
                I feel sheldon should Handel this leitmotif.
                Hey, if it ain't Baroque, don't fix it.
                They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
                  Ah yes. SC with Fail Sauce is a dish best served cold.
                  Much like vengeance. Or vichyssoise. They're hard to tell apart sometimes.
                  Hey, if it ain't Baroque, don't fix it.
                  Bach, humbug!
                  Last edited by EricKei; 01-24-2012, 02:38 AM. Reason: thought of a punchline...hours later
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

I thought Baroque was when you were out of Monet.
                    https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Shoot, you are VERY reasonably priced! An Amish quilt around here starts at $200 for a twin!
                      You've got a real problem all right, and a banjo is the only answer! - Pinkie Pie

Comment

Quoth Kanalah View Post
                        I thought Baroque was when you were out of Monet.
                        Always be sure to Count de Monet!
                        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
                          Always be sure to Count de Monet!
                          Don't be saucy with me, Bearnaise.
                          You've got a real problem all right, and a banjo is the only answer! - Pinkie Pie

Comment

Just leaving this here because I can't help thinking of this character every time I hear the word "quilt"...(courtesy of Dominic Deegan)

Anyhoo... I wish I could afford a nice handmade quilt ^_^ but de biils, dey gots to get paid ~_~

*going nuts trying to keep track of how many tangents have been created by the pun-ic wars*
                            Last edited by EricKei; 01-24-2012, 02:52 PM. Reason: credit where credit is due

Comment

Thankfully, I never had to take home ec. My sister did, and came home talking about how she was being taught to make microwave popcorn and brownies out of a box. Now, my sister and I had been taking a turn cooking dinner for 2-3 years at that point, and were trusted with the kitchen. I do admit our first cooking attempt was a disaster, but that's because there was a tbs/tsp typo on hte salt in the recipie. (Dad thought we should have known better, Mom countered that it wasn't our fault we'd followed the recipie exactly for our first attempt.) But at that point, we didn't even own a microwave, and everything was made from scratch, up to and including bread.

Her best friend wound up coming to our house for dinner once a week to learn to cook, because she sure wasn't learning it in Home Ec.
                              It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

Quoth LadyAndreca View Post
                                My sister did, and came home talking about how she was being taught to make microwave popcorn and brownies out of a box. Her best friend wound up coming to our house for dinner once a week to learn to cook, because she sure wasn't learning it in Home Ec.
                                How things have changed.

When I took Home Ec (7th and 8th grades, early 1980s), we learned how to sew simple clothes and make easy recipes from scratch (stuff like tuna salad, banana bread, etc.) We learned how to read recipes and patterns, measure, how to use cooking tools or the sewing machine, how to chop veggies without losing digits, etc. Basically, the teacher taught us the fundamentals, so we could go from there. Microwave popcorn?! Brownies from a mix?!?! That's just reading and following directions, a little kid could do that much!

That was quite nice of you to teach your sister's friend how to cook. It seems that cooking and sewing are starting to go the way of the dinosaur.
                                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                                My LiveJournal
                                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                                X