This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid Shoplifter

This provided the entertainment tonight. It happened over the road in the supermarket, but my collegue and I got all the details out of the security guard later on.

This kid of eighteen grabbed a giant bottle of expensive whiskey and legged it out the store, with the security guard and a manager in hot persuit. Shoplifter then for reasons best known to himself decided to try and lose them by running thru the petrol station forecourt. He narrowly missed getting hit by a van and flashed past the window... straight into the clutches of the security guard and manager. He was then dragged back to the supermarket to face the music. Also, somewhere along the line he'd dropped his keys so he was doubly screwed.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Awesome story is awesome, this doesn't surprise me in the least and I'm 19 myself, I just hate the fact he puts a bad name on us teenagers, I kinda wish there was a way to wash the stupid off of him, but alas the dirt is too thick, like his head.

Comment

Nicely done by the security guard and the manager.

I keep forgetting that there are places where you can get liquor in a grocery store, in Va you can only pretty much get beer and wine there anything stronger is sold at state run liquor stores, which you would have to be a complete moron to try to steal from (but hey there are still more than a few morons).

Comment

Quoth Solumina View Post
        Nicely done by the security guard and the manager.

I keep forgetting that there are places where you can get liquor in a grocery store, in Va you can only pretty much get beer and wine there anything stronger is sold at state run liquor stores, which you would have to be a complete moron to try to steal from (but hey there are still more than a few morons).
        Sounds like NC also.

I can only imagine what kind of stories they have at the nearby ABC store. If I'm brave enough one day I might inquire.
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
          Sounds like NC also.

I can only imagine what kind of stories they have at the nearby ABC store. If I'm brave enough one day I might inquire.
          Hell, why not give 'em a card and invite them to post here?

Comment

Ha ha! He dropped his keys??? Maybe he'll remember to hold onto them the next time he wants to steal some more stuff! I hope his car was towed in the end.

Comment

We're not allowed to chase people. Once they are out of the store, it's gone. In fact, in the past we've had to sign papers saying we were to not confront shoplifters, other than to provide them overly helpful customer service.

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
                Hell, why not give 'em a card and invite them to post here?
                Printer's not working right now so I can't print any cards.

But I do need to make a run tomorrow (I'm almost out of Barton's Canadian and my Mom had to go and order another damned piece of furniture that needs assembly . . . ) I might just write it down on a piece of paper and hand it to the clerk.
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

It's sad how at my store, we're not allowed to confront shoplifters, but they can continue to steal stuff which affects our BONUSES. That's MY money you're stealing from me, you jerk! Right out of my damn paycheck!!! I tell ya, if someone was stupid enough to get into my house to steal my personal stuff, it's ON, bitch!!! They wouldn't be leaving my house alive!

But the stores around here only care that we "provide excellent customer service" to those who steal from us.

Comment

It's really fun when Loss Prevention/security can not confront shoplifters. My job was to add up how much was lost in a day..some of the totals would utterly drop your jaw to the floor.
                    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Risk Management is afraid they'll get sued when an employee gets hurt wrestling with a shoplifter . . . or worse, killed.
                      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

At our place we are told not to confront shoplifters...

and then when we have one we get asked why we didn't stop them.

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
                          Risk Management is afraid they'll get sued when an employee gets hurt wrestling with a shoplifter . . . or worse, killed.
                          When I worked for Nipper a Loss Prevention Officer (the same role I was doing) was killed at Christmas detaining a shoplifter - was a bad day at work when we heard that.
                          A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

I work in electronics, and it cuts into our bonus when things are stolen, plus we can get in trouble if LP finds high-dollar items (such as most video games and systems) left out unsecured. But we're one of those "no confrontation" deals, and management doesn't bother to fix the broken locks on our displays - currently the PC Games and PS3 Consoles cases won't lock, nor will the displays for our tablets and e-readers (though fortunately, the actual storage space for those two still work).
                            » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

Working...
                            X