This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thief!

Another thread reminded me of this incident from the other day.

Background: I work at a pharmacy/drug store as the cashier at the main register. We have a backup register in a little island a few feet away. Our gift card stand is on the opposite side of the back up register. End background.

The other day my manager asked me to organize the gift cards sitting at the foot of the display. To make it easier on me I switched over to backup while organizing them.

At one point a guy passed me going towards the back of the store. A few minutes later I see him again.
    This time I see a bottle of cough/cold medicine in his big jacket pocket.
    He notices me noticing it.
    I call the emergency/theft code.
    Both managers come running asking 'what'd he get?'
    They run out but come back in a moment later.
    Apparently he ran the second he hit the door.
    Not the actions of an innocent person.
    Last edited by Dips; 01-27-2012, 12:00 PM.
    Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
    Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

DW I can relate.

We had a crew clean out our ENTIRE stock of Prilosec over the past weekend. Of course, no one saw them do it

On the other hand, we did get some good shots of the guy who stole the products out of the two Alli kits (about $70 each) two nights ago

Comment

Quoth Teefies2 View Post
      DW I can relate.

We had a crew clean out our ENTIRE stock of Prilosec over the past weekend. Of course, no one saw them do it

On the other hand, we did get some good shots of the guy who stole the products out of the two Alli kits (about $70 each) two nights ago
      Perhaps a suggestion passed on to Corporate Office might be warranted about stocking certain items behind the counter.

We have a Shrink Card program at my store, where certain items are kept in the kiosk case and cards are hung on the shelves where the shelf tag is located in those sections.

Items we keep behind the counter include:

razor blades
      100 count pain relievers (Tylenol, Advil, Aleve)
      OTC acid reflux products (Prilosec, Zegerid, etc.)
      Zyrtec (14 ct and 30 ct)
      larger sizes of Mucinex, Coricidin HBP, and Claritin

this has cut down dramatically on theft of those items. We rarely have counts that are off now on these products.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Teefies2 View Post
        You can only hope that he actually took the Alli instead of selling it. Then he'd be really sorry! That stuff is nasty. It makes you leak. (That's the nicest way of saying it).

Comment

Quoth sprocket79 View Post
          You can only hope that he actually took the Alli instead of selling it. Then he'd be really sorry! That stuff is nasty. It makes you leak. (That's the nicest way of saying it).
          Are we talking the "d" word? That seems to be the norm with a lot of OTC stuff for some people (and some stuff by prescription for that matter.)
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Assuming we're talking about the same d-word, then no. It's worse. It really is leaking. People who take Alli can end up with wet pants at any time. It's the grease and fat that Alli prevents from being digested. Nasty stuff.

Comment

Assuming we're talking about the same d-word, then no. It's worse. It really is leaking. People who take Alli can end up with wet pants at any time. It's the grease and fat that Alli prevents from being digested. Nasty stuff.
              Is it similar to the leakage problem caused by olestra a few years ago?
              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                Perhaps a suggestion passed on to Corporate Office might be warranted about stocking certain items behind the counter.

We have a Shrink Card program at my store, where certain items are kept in the kiosk case and cards are hung on the shelves where the shelf tag is located in those sections.

Items we keep behind the counter include:

razor blades
                100 count pain relievers (Tylenol, Advil, Aleve)
                OTC acid reflux products (Prilosec, Zegerid, etc.)
                Zyrtec (14 ct and 30 ct)
                larger sizes of Mucinex, Coricidin HBP, and Claritin

this has cut down dramatically on theft of those items. We rarely have counts that are off now on these products.

We also have a Shrink card program, but until this happened, Alli was not one of the products on it. We'll see how long it takes until Alli is behind the counter as well.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                  Is it similar to the leakage problem caused by olestra a few years ago?
                  Yes, it is. Nasty stuff.
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Then it sounds more like what Jeff Foxworthy talks about . . . anal seepage.

You ain't gonna look good in them jeans with that.

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                      Then it sounds more like what Jeff Foxworthy talks about . . . anal seepage.

You ain't gonna look good in them jeans with that.
                      Not unless you color coordinate your diet to match...
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                        Even then you wouldn't feel OR smell very good.
                        "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                          Hmmm... If did that I would have to eat a lot more chocolate and drink a lot more dark beer. I'm sure there's a downside to that somewhere, but why bother looking.
                          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                          X