Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure who I should feel more sorry for: CRML, or the groom for having to have that EW for a wife.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

All I can say is, FOB is a cheapskate if he thought he could hold a wedding reception anywhere without a reservation, especially on a weekend.

Weddings have to be planned. The father of the bride traditionally pays, while the mother and bride plan.

Receptions don't have to be huge affairs. I had mine outdoors, at the GPIL farm. The only downside to that was it was a bit chilly that day, with a threat of rain. But we saved a bundle doing it that way . . . didn't have to rent a place, and just had to pay for the catering.

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
      It would have been very easy for the FOB to get the students to move to another area. All he had to do was offer to buy them a round of drinks if they moved.
      That or cash. Either one would have been inducement enough for me. 10 bucks would have been enough for me.
      Last edited by Peppergirl; 01-23-2012, 10:13 AM. Reason: merged
      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
        I'm sorry, but a pub for a wedding reception? Cue the crickets here: "cheep, cheep, cheep!"
        !
        Not as rare as you would think. I used to work at a college dive bar that had the misfortune of being right next to a popular banquet hall/ballroom. More often than not wedding parties would descend on us demanding five star service and excessive ass kissing.
        My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
          I'm sure they will live happily ever after. So long as everything goes the way they she wants and nobody ever says no to themher. lol
          remember:

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
          B: Why are you still serving those people?! They are only drinking! We want to eat together! It’s my WEDDING DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
          B: This is my wedding reception! This is my wedding meal! You are ruining my wedding!
          B: *tears forming* I just can’t believe this has happened on my wedding day!
          in my world that should be "OUR" there is more than one person in a marriage....
          Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
            I'm sorry, but a pub for a wedding reception? Cue the crickets here: "cheep, cheep, cheep!"
            For me, the closest thing to a pub would be what we denizens of Cheeselandialand call a "supper club." I've been to several wedding receptions held at these establishments.

Of course the wedding party is reserving the banquet room, not just descending on the dining room demanding other diners give up their tables. Also as part of the reception they pay for a special meal to be served to all the guests instead of everybody just ordering what they want off the menu, which would cause havoc for the cooks and waitstaff who aren't expecting such a large party.

So yeah, I agree these people were trying to get off cheap and failed.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
              Who else read this second part in Tommy Wisseau's voice?
              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

I wouldn't have a problem with a nice pub for a wedding reception (especially if there's good live music). It's the fact that they didn't book ahead and assumed that a popular pub would be nearly empty on a Saturday night that was stupid. And the conniption fits blaming others for their own stupidity is the icing on the cake.

I'm sorry you and your manager had to deal with them, CRML. Life would be so much easier if people would think and plan ahead.
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I've seen a few well-handled receptions, political parties and such at bars and pubs, but people, you have got to reserve the spot beforehand, especially on a day that is bound to be busy! No one is going to care that it's your wedding day, that's not an excuse for being a snot. Learn to plan ahead, because other people aren't going to jump up and give you whatever you want when you snap your fingers, no matter the occasion.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                    It would have been very easy for the FOB to get the students to move to another area. All he had to do was offer to buy them a round of drinks if they moved.
                    Exactly what I thought too. But we have to remember they had their Sooper Special Entitlement Blinders on - the kind that blocks out all logic and reason.
                    The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

They didn't think they needed to reserve because they were a wedding party. Or the bride didn't. She just thought she was SO SPESHUL, being a BRIDE, that everybody would be glad to accommodate her. Surprise, surprise...Not a good sign for the marriage, is it?
                      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
                        I'm sorry, but a pub for a wedding reception? Cue the crickets here: "cheep, cheep, cheep!"!
                        Actually, my Sister had her ceremony and reception in a bar/pool hall that she worked at; wasn't bad at all. At least nobody had to go far for drinks!

I bet the Customers at those tables would have been more inclined to move if the FOB had been nice about it and ASKED!
                        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

I take back wheat I said before. I guess when I think of a wedding PARTY, I think of it as a PARTY of a larger group of people. I think I'm more dumbfounded that they just failed to at least plan ahead, and the dumbfounded-ness crossed over into "who goes to a pub for a reception?"

Comment

You should have told the guys at the table where the next nearest restaurant was so they could be there when the Bride & Groom showed up there.
                            "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

Comment

Tell FOB: "We have a special table for the bride and groom right this way... (show those *TWO* a table for *TWO*). As for the rest of you, this is their signal to the rest of you to BUZZ OFF!"

Comment

Hahahahahahaha.

Irv said "Supper club".

Tell me, Irv, is it the Moose Club or the Elks Club?

And is the main dish, tatertot hotdish?
                                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
                                X