This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disgusting people in the restroom

A younger (late 20's, maybe) lady enters the bathroom in front of me, goes in the handicapped stall. Here's a pet peeve of mine, why does everyone feel the need to go in the handicapped stall when they're not handicapped? Is everyone claustrophobic, or what? Annoying. Anyway, then two teenage girls come in, one takes the stall to the other side of me. The first lady in the handicapped stall abruptly unlocks the door and leaves, heading straight out the bathroom door with no detours. The young girl who was standing waiting for a free stall went in and exclaimed that the woman had taken a giant, disgusting crap in the bowl and then left without flushing or washing her hands. And there was absolutely nothing wrong with the flusher, because the girl then proceeded to flush it right there everything went down. People are disgusting.
    Last edited by Despina83; 01-24-2012, 06:55 PM.

There's only the sign for physically handicapped; the outline of a person in a wheelchair. I don't quite think they have the signs for mental handicaps, or more likely in this case; general carelessness and douch-iness. Would you really want the entire store coated in the signs of the latter?

Comment

That's pretty gross. I absolutely hate when people leave the bathroom without washing. So disturbing.

Primarily the reason where, if I go to a buffet, I use a hand sanitizer after each trip to get food. *shudders*

Comment

This is one thing I'm not looking forward to this summer, when I (as is likely) return to my job as cleaner at the They're Everywhere! coffee/donut shop in Niagara Falls. The water pressure isn't adequate for the high customer levels, IMNSHO. The results can be ... gross.

Ah well. If I get into the program I want, this'll be my last time at that place, as next summer the college will help me find a co-op placement. Then the worst I'll have will be some current stories for this site.

Speaking of the college, it has recently installed a lot of those 'auto-flush' toilets and they don't exactly work too well ... they either don't flush when they should, or they flush endlessly.

Still ... use the handle or push the damn button, already!

Comment

I'm handicapped. (a newbie handicapped person...just happened within the last year) but I dont see a problem with people who dont look handicapped using the handicap stalls in the bathrooms. For one, some handicaps are invisible.

As long as there isnt a person in a wheelchair sitting there, waiting to use the potty, I dont think there's a problem with able-bodied people using it.

But, it is gross that they didnt flush and leave it clean for the next person. That's just wrong no matter what stall you use.

Comment

Quoth Despina83 View Post
            A younger (late 20's, maybe) lady enters the bathroom in front of me, goes in the handicapped stall. Here's a pet peeve of mine, why doesn everyone feel the need to go in the handicapped stall when they're not handicapped?
            Taking a crap, failing to flush, and leaving without washing up is definitely sucky behavior. Nasty, nasty, nasty!

Using the handicapped stall is only sucky if there is a person with an obvious physical handicap waiting to use it: a person in a wheel chair, with a cane, or walker, or on crutches. The stall is meant to be used by anyone, it is simply designed to accommodate for physical needs.

A lot of places have taken to putting the baby station in the handicapped stall to save room.
            They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Ugh. Always, Always, ALWAYS FLUSH before you leave, SC!!

For more evidence of not flushing, please see this thread: http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=83949
              cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

I go for the handicapped stall sometimes when I have my little one with me because there's enough room for me to stand next to her while she goes potty. Some stalls have baby changing tables in them, so I figure it's a legitimate use, though I'd defer to the person in the wheelchair, etc. if there was someone else in need waiting for that stall.

Comment

Quoth emax4 View Post
                  There's only the sign for physically handicapped; the outline of a person in a wheelchair. I don't quite think they have the signs for mental handicaps, or more likely in this case; general carelessness and douch-iness. Would you really want the entire store coated in the signs of the latter?

We've got signs up in stores now that customers pay no attention to . . . more signs would be redundant.
                  Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I use the handicap stall when it's available. More room. *shrugs*

Pretty gross that the lady left without flushing or anything.
                    Getting offended is a great way to avoid answering questions that make you sound dumb. - exmocaptainmoroni

Comment

I have occasionally used the handicapped-accessible stall in a restroom because it was the only one free and I REALLY had to go. I will say that they are roomier than the regular ones, which are sometimes so narrow that you can barely move around in there, especially when wearing a bulky winter coat. I really, really hate a stall that's so narrow you can't go in without your legs brushing against the toilet bowl. Bleahhh.
                      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I cannot believe that people do that...Well, I can, but they SHOULDN'T! At my mall, the Men are more destructive to the restrooms, but the Women are more disgusting! Goliath turds not flushed (and strangely, no toilet paper used ), diarrhea sprayed 3-feet up the wall behind the toilet (how!?), tissue paper streamers hanging all over the stall (with #2 on them!), trails of #2 leading to the stalls from people who didn't make it on time, but never bothering to tell cleaning so nobody notices until 20 + people have walked through it!

And then. When we have to close the restrooms for cleaning, people BITCH ABOUT IT! If they weren't so disgusting in the first place, well, we wouldn't have this forum thread would we?
                        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Mrs. IA will bypass a line to use the handicap stall when it becomes obvious the others waiting are unwilling to use it. Only parking spaces are reserved for the handicapped, not the stalls.

As for tidiness, one time at work I encountered the giant thing in the john with no paper visible. Ugh! Another time in a Roy Rogers Restaurant, I got to witness the work of Shitasco. As bad as it was, I think the look on the manager's face when I told him was worse. I suspect it had happened before.
                          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

This whole thing reminds me of "The IT Crowd" where the three of them go to a play after work, and Roy ends up using the handicapped tall because he's too embarrassed to use the regular stall with the attendant there.

Comment

We have a couple bathrooms on campus with stalls that are very small because they were modified to incorporate a handicapped stall.

I swear one of them is less than 3 feet wide.
                              "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

Comment

Working...
                              X