Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wonderful start to my holidays. (some language, longish)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonderful start to my holidays. (some language, longish)

Ok got a week off work, to paper a couple of rooms at home. Think I'll need another week to recover.

I've already posted about my Deputy Managers' amazing aunt, who came back (somewhat briefly) from the dead. Read it here.

Next we have drunken douchebag at the end of my last shift on Saturday. This particular specimen of sub-humanity tried to steal 2 cases of lager last year. I say tried because he was so drunk he bust the boxes and dropped most of the cans on the floor.

A few weeks after that he came in to the shop to buy something. And was quite surprised when I asked him to leave. So Saturday night he comes in about 15 minutes before close, drunk, with a load of teenage scallies with him.

Strike 1: you're pissed.
    Strike 2: I know you're gonna share it with your harem outside.
    Strike 3: You stole from us
    Strikes 4-10: You fucking stole from us douchnozle!!

I was somewhat less than surprised when he got angry when I told him he wasn't getting served. Apparently I was "starting to annoy him". The usual threats of violence followed. He soon left when I picked up the phone at the checkouts and called the police.

Then while I was reporting this to the police... He came back in to buy cig papers!. Yet more threats of violence while I'm talking to the cops, you moron. Plus some rather confusing hand gestures. I couldn't quite tell if he wanted to hit me or manually pleasure me. Neither option was particularly attractive. The one thing I'm grateful for is that it wasn't any of my female staff on. Especially K, whose quite a timid person*. I really think if she'd been on that night, she wouldn't come back to work.

And now it's 4:45 am on the second day of my hols, and I've been at work since 2am and will be here til after 7am. We've had a burglary, they've grabbed what looks like a couple of grand of cigs. I can't leave the premises because I can't secure an exit they've used until SOCO (CSI:UK) have inspected it. And I can't get on with any jobs, because I won't be able to keep an eye on it to make sure no-one else tries to come in.

*One thing that does put a smile on my face. I do sometimes tease K about the fact she's scared of so much, other staff/thunder/pictures of kittens. She hasn't been here long, so I was showing here where we store spare carrier bags etc in the warehouse. We walked round a corner and she screamed. There was a full length mirror propped against a wall. I can now honestly say that K is afraid of her own reflection

I'm first keyholder for the place, as I live about 200 yards away. If I'm going away anywhere I get taken off the call list, otherwise I handle most calls. It's not usually a big deal, the occasional fridge problem (hopefully sorted now they've completely refurbed the shop) or sometimes something falls over, and trips a motion sensor.

It's not the call I have a problem with, it's the thieving scrotal warts who broke in. They were in and out in under 3 minutes, with nearly £4000 of cigs. I also got a phone call at 10am from a garage. Someone drove into my car last week (minor bump, just cosmetic damage) and they were coming to pick my car up and give me a courtesy car at noon. So I finall got to sleep around 1pm for 3 hours or so.

Comment

Ugh. Sounds like you're really going to need a holiday to recover from your holiday!
      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

I'm a chilled bunny now. Got my replacement car. Start stripping the living room tomorrow, and my brother-in-law's coming to help paper on wed and thurs. Hope to squeeze in a day at the pics at the weekend. Also got Skyrim and Daz Studio to fill time with. See if I can come up with something for the arts section here.

I do have this image in my head of two gorillas ballroom dancing that I want to try.

Comment

Quoth Bunny the Veggie Slayer View Post
          I can now honestly say that K is afraid of her own reflection
          K sounds like she should be renamed Fluttershy!
          You've got a real problem all right, and a banjo is the only answer! - Pinkie Pie

Comment

Working...
          X