• Irksome

No major SCs. Just some annoying ones.

Sure, I'll put your call through, but no one will pick up

*phone rings*
    Me: *spiel*
    SC: "Can I get Mikey in room 209?"
    Me: "There's no one in that room. Do you know his last name?"
    SC: "I don't know. It's his mom's room. I got through yesterday."
    Me: "Well, there's no one in that room today, and I don't have any Mikey's registered."
    SC: "Well, I really need to talk to him. Can you just put me through?"
    Me: "Sir, that room is vacant."
    SC: "But can't you just...well, nevermind. This is [temp agency] and I guess he's going to miss out on work tomorrow."
    Me: "Guess so."
    SC: *click*

With his tone, it was like a threat. Seriously, I don't know who Mikey is, and I don't care that he's missing out on work tomorrow. Emphasizing that point is not either going to (a) earn my sympathies or (b) allow me to magically divine where Mikey is.

Ghosts in the ceiling

Guest calls down multiple times complaining that people above him start thumping every time he falls asleep. No problem, just call the people above him and tell them to quiet down, right?

Except that there's no one above him. Those rooms are vacant. Which only irates the guest even more. I told him I'd check the walkway outside, but otherwise what am I supposed to do? I don't know what's causing the thumps, unless it's ghosts, and I'm all out of sage to do a smudging with. Sorry.

(And he won't move, as he's already settled in. Argh! At a loss for what to do...)

Well, FINE! to you, too!

*phone rings*
    Me: *spiel*
    SC: "Do you have an indoor pool?"
    Me: "I'm sorry, our pool is outdoors and only open in the summer."
    SC: "Oh."
    Me: "If you're looking for an indoor pool, I can tell you that [competitor] is the only place in town that has one, and they're located at [nearby exit]."
    SC: "Well FINE!" *click*

That...that snappiness was just rude. I saved you the time and effort by telling you where you can find a pool, and you snapped at me!

I mean, believe me, I've been asking for a pool tent for our pool for years now, but I don't think Corporate is going to spare the expense. If I could magically make our pool available in the winter, I would. I mean, I've already finangled having it open an extra two months a year, but I'm not God...I am a mere mortal and I can only do so much!
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
    I am a mere mortal and I can only do so much!
    Well there's your problem! How dare corporate only hire mere mortals to do their customer's bidding? You should be able to change the weather, damn it! DO IT!

Comment

I don't know what's causing the thumps, unless it's ghosts, and I'm all out of sage to do a smudging with. Sorry.
      I have Sage in my car if you need it!
      You've got a real problem all right, and a banjo is the only answer! - Pinkie Pie

Comment

Yeah, one way to make sure a ghost is taken care of is to call up the Ghostbusters, but that would probably cause too much collateral damage.
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Someone better go tell Casper the Friendly Ghost to quiet down and settle his unfinished business so these entitled customers can get their perfect sleep! Ha ha ha!

Comment

I don't know what's causing the thumps, unless it's ghosts, and I'm all out of sage to do a smudging with. Sorry.

(And he won't move, as he's already settled in. Argh! At a loss for what to do...)
            Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
            Yeah, one way to make sure a ghost is taken care of is to call up the Ghostbusters, but that would probably cause too much collateral damage.
            After what they did to the Sedgwick, I think other hotels would rather put up with the ghosts!

But seriously, I hate those people who whine and kvetch about something, but when you offer a solution, they refuse it. Either accept the solution or quit yer bitchin'!
            Last edited by XCashier; 01-25-2012, 05:07 AM.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

We have those noises in our house from time to time and in our case its the heating system and pipes. I don't know if flushing the system will cure it or not but it doesn't bother me.
              I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

LOL. I always try to direct the sucky customers to another hotel. If they even smell like they might be sucky, then they will be when they get here in my exp. I don't care who or how much $ they got.
                Can't reason with the unreasonable.
                The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

I don't know who Mikey is but I hear he likes Life cereal...

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
                    I don't know who Mikey is but I hear he likes Life cereal...
                    AND he'll eat anything!
                    "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

Working...
                    X