This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I see NO Value in your hotel!

Today I am working Front Desk and Breakfast, and while its slow here in the NE USA I've still had a crappy morning so far, thanks to Miss Dramatic Complainer (DC). Granted she could have been worse, but she was still beyond annoying!

I had just gotten in to work and was checking breakfast, because the Audit guys never put things out in the right place! While I was swapping a couple of trays DC came up to me

DC: There are no vegetarian dishes here! This is the most un vegitarian hotel I've ever seen!
    Me: I'm sorry, I know there are a lot of not meat items.
    DC: Well I don't eat any sugar either, look at this yogurt! It has gelatin in it, they take a horse of big leg, grind it up and the stuff that comes to the top is gelatin.
    Me: I didn't know thats how yogurt was made
    DC: Not all yogurt, just this brand for Gods sakes! And all this stuff over here! (Motions to the carby area) This is all sugar and crap! (paraphrasing). I see no value in this breakfast, there is nothing here for me. Oh Bananas! Is that it?
    Me: Yes banana is the only fruit we carry, we also have some oatmeal.
    DC: So all these breads over here, is that fresh baked or filled with formaldehyde crap right out of a bag filled with preservatives?
    Me: *Walks in to the kitchen, knowing I've going to get no where, she just wants to complain* No I'm sorry we don't make our own bread.

She leaves the breakfast area, and I breath a sigh of relief. But is that it? No... if it was, I likely would have just let it go.

A few moments later she pokes her head in to the breakfast room.

DC: So....? The printer isn't working?
    Me: Uh... let me come see *we both go to the guest computer and i try to restart the printer*
    DC: This is ridiculous, I see no value in this hotel, no reason to stay at <chain> at all!
    Me: I think we need to restart the computer, sometimes that fixes it.
    DC: *Rants about not being able to eat, and not being able to print, and our chains have no value. She logs off the profile for the computer then reenters it*
    Me: We want to restart the computer
    DC: I did!
    Me: Oh, sorry, I didn't see the computer turn off.
    DC: The printer still isn't working!
    Me: Well you could email me the document you wish to print at the hotel email address and I can print it from the front desk computers?
    DC: I won't email this, its PRIVET!!!! But I could put it on a flash drive.
    Me: Ok

She leaves to get that and I go back to breakfast, then check on the desk. I've not been feeling good, but I'm working my tush off.

DC comes to the FD and I take her flash drive, while I plug it in, I try to speak to her as little as possible, because every time I open my mouth she starts in again. DC rants about how I should tell the owner of the franchise (which isn't how it works here) about her complaints. I tell her I'll tell the manager. (you bet I will)
    Me: *still waiting on the computer to open her file* Sorry for the wait, its taking a few moments.
    DC: Slow computers huh?
    Me: Not really, it just opens Adobe slowly. I always seem to have that problem, even on my own computers.
    DC: Well it says IBM, and that means your computers are OLD, because IBM hasn't made hard ware in ten years! Adobe is the absolute lightest platform, it takes NO power to open! My laptop opens it in seconds!
    Me: oh ok.
    DC: *motions to the small box and bag she has on the counter* My breakfast, if you can call it that, its a good thing I travel with food! *Notices the Natural Food store across the street.* When do they open?
    Me: In half an hour
    DC: Well that's not any help to me at all! I'll be long gone by then! *said in a way that made it seem like their hours were my fault.
    Me: *hears the printer* Here's your documents!
    She actually thanked me and headed away.

is that it? Nope..

About ten minuets later I go in the Breakfast room and there she is again.

She is looking at our styerphom bowls. I'm not crazy about them, either, but I can just feel it coming.

DC: What this is it?
    Me: *goes about my business*
    DC: So there are no REAAALL dishes?
    Me: Nope, just what we have here.

A few moments later..
    DC: Oh COME ON!!!!elebenty!!! *Throws a peanut butter container back in the rack* even this is crap! Jesus!
    Me: *Forgo my normal "Oh you know him too?" or "Sorry Names, <Name> but i'm glad you recognized Him in me!"*

A few moments later I'm cleaning a table near the one she picked to eat her Banana and flax seeds.
    DC: What a joke! *Scoffs* *Reads table topper sign* 'Wake up to a breakfast willed with your favorites' (or something to that effect) NOT REALLY!!!! Not for me! What a joke!
    Me:

I avoided the breakfast room for a bit longer and I think she finally left. Keep in mind while she was eating her Banana the Natural Foods store across the street had already opened.... I hope that's all my encounter with her... every time I walked by she was complaining, I only put in my direct encounters with her. It got to the point she was just complaining to complain.

Sorry lady, but if you have such specific dietary needs, you shouldn't travel with out your own food and dishes! I mean really, WHAT hotel chain bakes its own fresh bread?! Granted my chain could have a few more healthy items, like more fruits, but we follow our chains standards! its not my fault, nor my managers or owners!!

Here's to the hope I have better day.

Quoth TigressChar View Post
    Adobe is the absolute lightest platform, it takes NO power to open!

Ok, that right there is enough to make it perfectly clear that this creature is a nutjob.

As for the "I only eat <X> or <Y>" bit, my usual response is "I'm sorry for your loss." Of course, I don't usually have to WORK with people like that. At least, not anymore.
    "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Holy crap, what a crazy woman.

Sorry lady, but if you have such specific dietary needs, you shouldn't travel with out your own food and dishes! I mean really, WHAT hotel chain bakes its own fresh bread?! Granted my chain could have a few more healthy items, like more fruits, but we follow our chains standards! its not my fault, nor my managers or owners!!
      I, myself, often feel underwhelmed at continental breakfasts at hotels, and unless I'm in a rush I'll often go to a nearby IHOP or something to get a meal a little more filling. That being said, it's a friggen free meal included with your night's stay, so I would never expect fresh bread or anything spectacular. Heck, I'm impressed when they have warm scrambled eggs instead of those hard boiled eggs you have to peel off yourself!
      Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
      Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
      Fiancee: What?!
      Me: Nevermind.

Comment

Sheesh.

Some people just like to complain. Personally, I wish I could just have a Super Soaker water gun so that when they get on my nerves, I would just let them have it until they shush.

Having said all that, styrofoam bowls? Not heard of that one!
        There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.

Comment

Who?

What hotel out there offers veg breakfasts?

None that I can afford in my experience. Plus the type of food she is asking for does not have a long shelf life in a hotel environment. To serve such they would have to raise their rates.

As for fruit, yeah hotels could have a better selection. But just know this person would be demand for organic fruit if she had a choice.

Comment

But just know this person would be demand for organic fruit if she had a choice.
            Not just organic, but fair trade, ethically grown, imported fruit that must be served by a vegan virgin.
            There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.

Comment

A free "Continental breakfast" is essentially a form of advertising to get people to stay at the hotel.

If they charged "hotel rates" (read: $10-20) for a basic breakfast, then yeah, I'd expect them to have specific special foods available. Free? I'll take what I can get and be glad for it, thank you ^_^ Don't have what I want? IHOP, Denny's, Waffle House, Tiffin Inn...Wendy's/BK/Mickey D's in a pinch...<insert random greasy spoon name here>...
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

There are tons of vegetarian options, if you happen to be lacto ovo vegetarian. My boyfriend is and we stay at chains with free continental breakfast. No he doesn't eat the yogert but he will eat everything else without meat. I am more of a problem being gluten free but then I am smart enough to have a back up plan.

Comment

I remember when many hotels didn't have any continental breakfast. Heck, the hotels I stayed when I took my train trip last year didn't have continental breakfasts. so what is her beef? They try to make these things to please the most people possible...if you're out on the tail of the bell curve, it likely will not please you.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                    A free "Continental breakfast" is essentially a form of advertising to get people to stay at the hotel.
                    This SC is definately a serial complainer. I've stayed at places where the 'continental breakfast' is instant coffee and stale doughnuts; needless to say, we ate elsewhere--the room itself was clean and cheap...what more could you want as you spend most of the time asleep.
                    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

DC: This is ridiculous, I see no value in this hotel!
                      "Funny, I was just thinking the exact same thing about you!" Prissy little princess, go stay somewhere else! What, you can't afford the expensive place? Sucks to be you, I guess.

Some people live to complain. It's pathetic. Sorry you had to deal with that idiot.
                      Last edited by XCashier; 01-25-2012, 11:09 PM.
                      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                      My LiveJournal
                      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I tend to avoid continental breakfasts because the dining room is usually mobbed. (I don't do well with crowds) Having said that, I don't scream at the staff, I just go somewhere else. If she has dietary restrictions she should plan ahead, but that would make sense. As for the computer issues, if it's so important for her to have such quick loading speed her own laptop, but then that makes sense too.

Comment

"I see NO value in your hotel!"
                          "That's fine, I see no value in your custom."
                          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I'm amazed at the definition of "continental breakfast"! Some 50 years ago, my mother took us kids to Europe, and the continental breakfast that we got in Paris was croissants and coffee. (Om nom nom! lovely curls of butter, and real cream for the coffee!)

I wonder how Miss Entitled Vegetarian would have reacted to that? Not even a lowly banana!
                            I don’t have enough middle fingers to show you how I feel about you.
                            - Twitter, via Boredpanda.com, via Youtube

Right. Well. When you manage to pull the concussed deer of your intellect away from the oncoming headlights of life let me know. - Grave keeper

Comment

Maybe I should feel special here because my hotel offers 3 different types of fruit and sausage and eggs. (sometimes it's bacon instead of sausage.)

I still don't want your SC staying at my hotel.
                              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Working...
                              X