Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's just a rewards card, not the Holy Grail!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's just a rewards card, not the Holy Grail!

I am currently working at a very popular yogurt shop. When ringing up a customer, we are supposed to ask them if they have a rewards card (ten stamps is good for one free small yogurt with toppings). If they have one, we stamp it, if they don't, we stamp a fresh one and give it to them.

Sometimes we get really busy, and employees don't always remember to ask about the card. I live in an affluent town filled with lots of well-dressed soccer moms, complete with fur-trimmed coats and big honkin' diamonds on their fingers. The other day I asked one such lady if she had a rewards card, and she gave me a weird look.

"No one's ever mentioned anything about a card," she said incredulously.

"Sorry about that, would you like one now?" I replied.

"Yes. I come here all the time and no one has ever given me one," she huffed, outraged that we had been deliberately withholding such a priceless treasure from her. So I handed her the card and she walked off muttering about how no one ever told her about the card.

It happened again today. This time the woman happened to have all of her old receipts, and handed them over so I could give her all the stamps she was entitled to. All with the same I'm-outraged-you-people-never-told-me-about-this attitude. These people take their yogurt WAY too seriously.
    Last edited by Misty; 01-25-2012, 10:29 PM.

I wouldn't recommend lighting the rewards card-shaped beacon then.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
      What does bacon have to do with it . . .

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm . . . now I want bacon.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

It's not the yogurt, it's just getting something free. It could be dog turds, but as long as they were told "IT'S FREE!!" they'd trip over themselves trying to get some.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
          With a farm fresh egg

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
            This was my first thought as well.

Comment

I have found through many many years in retail, the more money someone has, the 'cheaper' they are. They will do battle for a penny!
              You've got a real problem all right, and a banjo is the only answer! - Pinkie Pie

Comment

We send out coupons with our flyer, people leave the flyer at home and then become enraged that we don't have a bunch in the store waiting for them

YOU MEAN I HAVE TO BRING THE COUPON WITH MEEEEEE!!!!!
                I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Yuck. She definitely should have handled that better. Employees can't remember or do everything all the time (my bosses even ask me not to offer the card unless it's asked for).

Which is why I ask if there's a card if it's a store I think I'll visit a lot, lol.

Comment

LOL. I usually get annoyed when I go someplace and they ask if I have a reward card, but I don't get an attitude about it, I say no, and no thanks I don't want one (though they look at me like I bit their heads off even tho I say it politely), ten items for the price of one isn't a big deal or savings in my eyes.
                    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
                    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

Quoth HotelMinion View Post
                      LOL. I usually get annoyed when I go someplace and they ask if I have a reward card, but I don't get an attitude about it, I say no, and no thanks I don't want one (though they look at me like I bit their heads off even tho I say it politely), ten items for the price of one isn't a big deal or savings in my eyes.

Ten items for the price of one would be an awesome deal! lol

But I get what you mean. It does generally mean you're getting 10% off your total purchases when you redeem for the free item (not literally, just if you do the math and the items are the same/similar). I thinks that's good. Especially if it's a place you frequent.

Comment

Is your yogourt place the Castle of Arrrrrgh? If so, I can see where they would confuse your loyalty card with the Holy Grail.
                        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Please oh please tell me that you've decided to use the Beast of Caerbannog as a bouncer for the store because the Beast of Arrrrrgh would only be effective until his animator has another heart-attack
                          Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                            It's not the yogurt, it's just getting something free. It could be dog turds, but as long as they were told "IT'S FREE!!" they'd trip over themselves trying to get some.
                            I recall reading (I believe it was in "Cabin Pressure") about a passenger who, on getting off the plane after a flight that involved a lot of turbulence, saw a flight attendant holding a large number of paper bags. Cue suckiness - "Why didn't you offer me one of those? I paid my fare, I'm entitled to one. Give me one!". Flight attendant gave the passenger one of the bags. Guess what was in it?
                            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                              Well how ELSE will the yogurt shop employees get a spanking?

Comment

Working...
                              X