Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Food Bank Donation Fun Time! (With Assorted Nuts)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Food Bank Donation Fun Time! (With Assorted Nuts)

We're currently having our annual donation for the Capital Area Food Bank! I've posted about this before, and I love that we do this donation drive. 40,000 people a week go to the Austin food bank, and they've been running rather short on donations lately. (Plus, no fratching intended here, but I have some friends who have required the food bank, so it's a personal thing for me.)

So, in way of donations, you can add increments of $1, $3, or $5 to your order, or for $5 you can get a pre-made bag of canned goods. (I think it's 3 cans of tuna, 2 cans of corn, 2 cans of green beans, and a can of pork and beans.)

But enough backstory!

Right Answers when your cashier asks, "Would you like to donate to the Food Bank today?"

"Sure!"
    "No, thank you."
    "I have already, thank you."
    "Maybe next time!"

Wrong Answers when your cashier asks, "Would you like to donate to the Food Bank today?"

*horribly snotty face and tone* "I don't APPROVE of that sort of thing."

"Tch! No!" You don't have to sound like such a jerk, dude.

"Why should I have to pay for them when they can't manage their money??" A simple no will do...

"Would they like to donate to me?? HAW HAW HAW!" Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is very insensitive and unfunny.

Seriously, guys. I won't guilt you into buying one of these. I know how it feels to not have a lot of cash to spare for charity, and all you have to say is no. I won't pester you. Please do not make yourself look like a jerk by airing your personal vendetta.

--

Assorted Nut #1

*carries quantity of items around store, accidentally drops them, thankfully nothing breakable*

*bends down to pick them up, sees woman coming over to try and help*

Woman: Oh wait, you work here, never mind.

--

Assorted Nut #2

Dealt with a woman who said I overcharged her for her produce since my "fat stomach got onto the scale." Classy.

Assorted Nut #3

To the man who blamed me for taking forever to get his cigarettes for him:

Pointing to the case and saying "The long red ones" is not a good enough description of what you want. We have probably 30+ "long red ones" in our case and I tried to point at every one of them before you went with some obscure brand way at the bottom. Forgive me for not reading your mind sooner.

May you always go barefoot and your floor be made of Legos.

--

And that's all, folks!
    http://www.customerssuck.com/?p=7499
    Now appearing in comic form!

Quoth GroceryWench View Post
    May you always go barefoot and your floor be covered with jacks.
    Does anybody play jacks any more? Or only on their snotphone?
    Last edited by dalesys; 01-26-2012, 09:48 AM.
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I'm stealing that curse.
      Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Assorted Nut #1

*carries quantity of items around store, accidentally drops them, thankfully nothing breakable*

*bends down to pick them up, sees woman coming over to try and help*

Woman: Oh wait, you work here, never mind.

This 1 right here, this pisses me off. Why would you want to help somebody only to change your mind and walk away when you find out that the person works there?!
        ......../\
        ....../__\
        ..../\...../\
        ../__\../__\

Comment

Quoth Marmalady View Post
          I'm stealing that curse.
          So am I. That's why my Legos are kept in tubs. ;-)
          "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Quoth Sarah Valentine View Post
            This 1 right here, this pisses me off. Why would you want to help somebody only to change your mind and walk away when you find out that the person works there?!
            Because jeez, they're getting paid to do this and now they want a CUSTOMER (cue the blazing lights and blaring trumpets) to help them, too??

May all their produce rot to compost on the way home.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
              May you always go barefoot and your floor be covered with jacks.

Does anybody play jacks any more? Or only on their snotphone?
              May you always go barefoot and your floor be covered with d4's.

Might as well be jacks to be honest, and seem to be more prevalent too.

Comment

Quoth Golden Phoenix View Post
                May you always go barefoot and your floor be covered with d4's.
                Aren't those nerd caltrops?

Or is that just from the whin(n)y response they get?
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Assorted Nut #2

Dealt with a woman who said I overcharged her for her produce since my "fat stomach got onto the scale." Classy.
                  I commend you for not punching her in the face saying her mouth got in the way of your fist.

Ohh after a re-read I think i need to go to bed too b*tchy after a 11 hr day of taxes
                  Last edited by AmethystSquirrel; 01-27-2012, 01:51 AM. Reason: too mean
                  You've got a real problem all right, and a banjo is the only answer! - Pinkie Pie

Comment

I've noticed people get pissy about donations here, too. It always amazes me even though I should be used to it by now (we don't do this at work, just speaking about what I see at other stores).

If I'm asked during a week when money is tight, I always just say that I already donated.

Comment

May you always go barefoot and your floor be carpeted with cholla.
                      My turn to play!
                      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                      My LiveJournal
                      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                      X