This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wherein Irv is fondled by a loony old lady

Shortly after 8 this morning, I go to take my first break. Behind me I hear somebody hollering something. Against my better judgment I turn around to see some old woman clomping after me asking "Will you help me?"

Well, okay, I suppose, that's what I'm here for. She tells me she wants a coffee pot. Meaning either a coffee maker or just the carafe for one. So I lead her over the the coffemaker aisle.

On the way over there, she GRABS MY GODDAMN ARM while explaining to me she's a little old lady who needs her coffee. Actually, she doesn't need coffee as much as she needs propofol. I ask her what brand of coffeemaker she has and she tells me she doesn't know, but she probably bought it from the swamp "a hundred years ago" when we were Ye Olde Clearance Swamp Dry Goodes Mercantile Shoppe Or Somethinge.

We reach the coffeemaker aisle and I look for the replacement carafes and find we have none. This brings about much consternation and Irv's arm stroking from old woman. "This is a really poopy thing to do to an old lady who needs her coffee! Shit! I don't care if that's a bad word. You've probably heard it plenty already, honey."

Yes, yes I have. And when I'm done with you I plan to hear it much more, but in my own voice this time.

Helpfully, against my better judgment, I suggest she could just buy a new coffeemaker for the price of the carafe alone. Our cheapest one currently is 18 bucks, which is slightly less than the price of the carafe because the carafes never went on sale.

I ask her if she needs any more help and she says no, so I finally leave.

Up at the front of the store, waiting for my coworkers to join me for break, I notice Touchy O'Geezer approaching one of them. "You look like a nice, smart young woman; would you like to help a little old lady who needs her coffee."

O NOEZ RUN SAVE YOURSELF AIIIIEEEE TOO LATE. Co-worker told me she was asked about the same thing I was, and got stroked and groped and rubbed down the same way I did.

Later on I heard from the service desk lady that this woman did end up buying something, and chatting up a customer in the checkout line ahead of her, and got all hands-y with them too. And as a final parting gift, she paused by the service desk to remark "Things sure have changed. A lot not for the better. But old women never change. I'm happy with the way I am."

And then up in the breakroom I scrubbed my arms down and applied hand sanitizer for good measure. If there were a way to tear my arms off and send them through a car wash or something, I would've done that too. :shudder: She smelled of old, sad and pee.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

I'm not as much amused as I am saddened. I don't wanna get old. When I do, though, I'm gonna come find you.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
      I'm not as much amused as I am saddened. I don't wanna get old. When I do, though, I'm gonna come find you.
      That'll be OK, because Irv will be old too.
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

"Ye Olde Clearance Swamp Dry Goodes Mercantile Shoppe Or Somethinge"

That's gotta be the funniest thing I've read all day.
        "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
          OH me too me too me too
          https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
          Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

I will not age.

I think there's enough formeldahyde in my ciggs to keep me preserved for a bit.

If not, I'm more than certain Botox will be affordable for the working class girl within the next few years. And whatever Joan Rivers uses.
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
              And whatever Joan Rivers uses.
              Isn't she pickled in alcohol?
              Seshat's self-help guide:
              1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
              2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
              3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
              4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                Blas, Irv, food lady and myself(amongst others I may have not mentioned due to space concerns, and due to gag orders, pending litigation, witness relocation... ), live in WI, we are preserved just by living here. I believe you can get drunk from simply breathing in this state.
                Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
                  space concerns
                  ...I'm a space concern?

Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                    I will not age.

I think there's enough formeldahyde in my ciggs to keep me preserved for a bit.

If not, I'm more than certain Botox will be affordable for the working class girl within the next few years. And whatever Joan Rivers uses.
                    I've been trying to tell myself that for years too but, unfortunately as my body has been telling me, it's all downhill after 40.

My back creaks, my knees crackle, and I have a finger on one hand (maybe due to overuse tearing tags off shelves for years) will take spells where it's stiff and hard to bend, my eyes are going, my hearing is way off at times. I'd say my girls sag, but it's kinda hard for them to sag when they're minus A cups.

But I have almost no wrinkles. Either it's the cigs or I've been doing a good job so far pickling myself with alcohol. Not sure which.

But I gotta envy Irv's cougar woman . . . she got to touch The IRV. That's something most of us can only dream about.
                    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I do have wrinkles. And I'm only 25.

Before I became a Darkseeker, I was a little too intimate with the sun. Both the real one and it's bed-form.
                      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
                        ...I'm a space concern?

same question here??? I know I can be a space cadet sometimes (intermitiiant sometimers)

but then again my mind went to the gutter and thought the thread title was some kind of pron movie title.
                        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

I'm imaging Irv with the expression of a cat my buddy John told me of...

He was living with a guy in LA who had a chimp on a clothesline leash so it could roam the yard.

They look out the window one day and the chimp is ****ing the daylights out of this cat. The cat would get away and the long arm of the chimp would reach out...
                          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Oh my good god, I'm not sure if I want to hope the cat lived, or hope the cat died!
                            ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                              She'll last until the end of the earth...

Comment

Working...
                              X