This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love pawning stupid people

I have been involved in Customer Service (call center) in one field or another for going on 16 years, and for the most part I actually love my job.

I may bitch about the pissly-poor management, but I do love the job itself and enjoy speaking to sane and rational people.

Sometimes however you get the person who is so stupid, you have to question your entire faith in humanity.

I have had once such call today.

Me: Thank you for calling YYY Travel, how can I help you?

Moron: Yes, I need a room for the AAA hotel for tomorrow

Me: No problem, one second please

Me: (after pulling the information on the screen): Ok, I see we have a room with a king bed, and the rate is XXX (don't recall the exact rate)

Moron: No you don't understand, I am best friends with the general manager

Me: Ok.... and?

(on a side note, I freaking hate the 'name-droppers' with an absolute passion)

Moron: Well he promised me that I can stay any time, even if you're sold out for only $25 a night

(now this was a 5 star hotel he was calling for)

Me: I'm sorry sir, I don't control the rates. I only quote what's on the screen

(now he's sounding like Randy on 'American Idol'. Every other word is either 'dude' or 'bro')

Moron: Nah nah dude, you're screen is wrong, bro.

(I don't tell people how to do their jobs, and hate it when some ass tells me how to do mine)

Me: Well, there's nothing I can do. You may want to call the general manager and have him book the room, since I don't have the rate you are asking for

Moron: Ok what's his name?

Me: Who's name?

Moron: The manager, bro. What's his name?

Me: I thought you said you guys were best friends

Moron: Oh.... ok (click)

Bahahaha! Man, what an idiot. He was clearly trying to scam a cheap room off of you by trying to be one of those name-droppers. Hoist by his own petard, as it were.

Comment

Re: The thread title.

Pawn shops take those?!?!

Ima gonna be rich, I am, I am!
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
        R

Yeah, but if you don't pay back the pawn shop in time, you have to take your stupid person back.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Heh, reminds me of my time in a call center. Some one would ask and I think actually expect me to get the president of the company to call them, like I was poker buddies or something.

Comment

Occasionally we have friends of my GM who stay at $0 per night. But those are booked by the GM himself. We've also had SC's who claim they are friends with the GM. I've always told them that I would charge the usual rate, but GM would be in the morning and can refund the rate. Funny how no one's taken me up on this yet.
            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Trance View Post
              (now he's sounding like Randy on 'American Idol'. Every other word is either 'dude' or 'bro')
              Sadly, this kind of crap is common. You can blame shows like Jersey Shore. Apparently, all that spray-tanning and steroids...does strange things to one's vocabulary
              Last edited by protege; 01-28-2012, 03:18 AM.
              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth Trance View Post
                Moron: Well he promised me that I can stay any time, even if you're sold out for only $25 a night
                Que?

Am I the only one who finds this thought process a little difficult to parse?

Comment

Quoth Trance View Post
                  Quoth draco664 View Post
                  No. It's in the back room.
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Trance View Post
                    Moron: Nah nah dude, you're screen is wrong, bro.
                    LOL, because obviously the general manager reprogrammed the computer to quote $25 when Mr. Dawg called.

Wow, what an idiot.
                    Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
                    Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
                    Fiancee: What?!
                    Me: Nevermind.

Comment

Quoth thehuckster View Post
                      LOL, because obviously the general manager reprogrammed the computer to quote $25 when Mr. Dawg called.

Wow, what an idiot.
                      I don't think you could do that, even on a single location privately owned hotel. I can see a small booklet of people's names and what they can have. But to reprogram a hotel computer, not so much.
                      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                        Re: The thread title.

So far I ain't seen a stupid person pawned yet . . . but I've seen several Pwned on the Pawn Stars.

Besides, even they aren't that desperate to start taking stupid people . . . they've already got Chumlee.
                        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

While knowing a hotel's GM can get you some steep discounts you do have to actually know the GM.

Comment

Quoth Trance View Post
                            Me: Well, there's nothing I can do. You may want to call the general manager and have him book the room, since I don't have the rate you are asking for

Moron: Ok what's his name?

Me: Who's name?

Moron: The manager, bro. What's his name?

Me: I thought you said you guys were best friends

Moron: Oh.... ok (click)
                            PWND! The Stupid is strong with this one.

I hope you told your coworkers about him. I'm sure they could use a good laugh.
                            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                            My LiveJournal
                            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth draco664 View Post
                              Que?

Yeah cos managers always kick paying customers out of rooms in order to book in people who only pay $25.

Besides if they were such good friends the GM would just say "come over and chill at my place tonight, bro!"

Comment

Working...
                              X