Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meh. A $3 cover charge doesn't bother me. Especially if it keeps out the assholes.

My favorite bar in Japan had a 300¥ cover charge and then 1000¥ per hour for Happy Hour - all you could drink from the menu. (about $3 and $10).

I think the cover charge was mainly there to discourage the foreigners (or rather unruly American sailors who can't behave). I remember going back with my BF and they recognized him and they "forgot" to charge us cover charge.

Comment

Of course perverts wear glasses!

Helps us see the good stuff!
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth 2gigch1 View Post
        I first read this as Tales from the Lounge: Chesapeake Edition and I thought ooh, a local!

Then I wondered if the op was a fan of The League of Gentlemen.

Then I questioned my sanity.

Thanks op. I needed that.
        You're Welcome.

BTW, I am only a couple of hours from the Delaware Water Gap.

SC
        "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Quoth BroSCFischer View Post
          BTW, I am only a couple of hours from the Delaware Water Gap.
          A Roadkill worthy song referencing the DWG: Richard Shindell - Transit.
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

So wait.

Glasses make you a pervert?

Glad I'm too poor for Lasic, and have such an odd prescription that contacts don't really work for me, now I have an excuse.

Comment

Heehee. Same here. It doesn't really matter anyway, it's my understanding that, with my prescription, Lasik/other eye surgeries would just result in my having to wear weaker glasses. If I gotta wear them anyway (contacts HURT), I see no point in spending thousands of buckazoids just to have slightly thinner specs ^_^
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

psst - not all perv's wear glasses....

never worn glasses

100% Perv!

the not wearing glasses allows us to avoid detection (for a time)
                I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                  Just keep the Pervish food away from me.
                  That may require extra assistance, and perhaps a chair.... >_>

Quoth Treasure View Post
                  psst - not all perv's wear glasses....
                  Indeedy... House full of pervs and not a pair of glasses in sight.

Shades don't count.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                    Shades don't count.

^-.-^
                    Why not? They are sunGLASSES

SC
                    "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Quoth BroSCFischer View Post
                      Why not? They are sunGLASSES

SC
                      But do they wear them at night, so they can see you weave...?
                      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

I've worn glasses for nearsightedness since 5th grade. My parents got tired of me squinting at everything. I didn't wear them full time till I was in about 8th grade. Senior year of high school I switched to contacts and I thought they were absolutely amazing. I mostly wore contacts for the next 20 years or so, but then they started bothering my eyes...then even when I didn't have contacts in my eyes were burning a lot (and the burning is getting worse). I guess I'll be wearing glasses for the foreseeable future, though I'd LOVE to get Lasik done.

And yes, I have reached the age where I can't read close up with my glasses on...but I can usually read without them, so I'm putting off bifocals as loooooooooooong as possible (I do have the cheap convenience store style reading glasses if needed, but I don't really use them since I haven't been wearing contacts.)
                        "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Like some of you. I changed schools from Primary to Secondary (so 12/13 or so) and they used white boards. Suddenly I couldn't even tell there was anything written on the board in red let alone read it!

I'm sure I didn't turn into a perv until at least my 20s though...
                          I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Working...
                          X