This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The driver goes off shift around 3pm.

around 10pm (note the time please) the driver gets a call on his cell. He does not recognise the number and lets it go to voice mail. message is left.
    This is why I refuse to use my personal cell phone for calling customers. I don't want to be taking calls when I'm off the clock. not to mention that i pay per minute

Besides what do you do if they get mad and start calling you?
    Last edited by PepperElf; 01-30-2012, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
      First time: Inform them that you will be CHARGING them by the minute for off-hours calls

If it doesn't work, or they refuse to pay: Tell them to call the office and talk to you there, as you are Blocking their number on your home/cell line ^_^
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

This is why I refuse to use my personal cell phone for calling customers. I don't want to be taking calls when I'm off the clock. not to mention that i pay per minute

I sometimes have to call the customer "on the road". eg. no one answering the door/doorbell/knock, person at delivery address claims to have not ordered, a condemed notice on the building I am trying to delivery to, etc.

It is not like I can turn around and go back to the store OR use a ppay phone (those things do NOT exist anymore in my area), so I am forced to use my cell phone.

mostly my rule of thumb is: IF I do not recognise the calling number (meaning it is NOT on my white list), it goes to straight to voice mail. most of the time the message consists of "Hey who are you and why did you call my phone??" or "WHY you callin my woman???"
        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

There would have been times in the early 90s when I was delivering pizza and a cell phone would have been handy, but a pay phone usually worked fine in a pinch. I would not want a customer to have my cell number...
          "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

I had this a while ago. At a charity event someone wanted to change seating arrangements due to some spat with one of the other attendees (but he didn't tell me that was the reason - just that he'd like to be moved to table X to sit with Person Y).. the guy was a friend of a friend and the person who needed to change the arrangements wasn't available. So I took his details and got guilted into texting him when I'd found the guy and got an answer as he wanted to go off site.

Well it was just too late to change them but if he wanted to ask someone on that table to change seats himself then he could. I texted him that response and he phoned me back and gave me loads of abuse saying guy had promised him he wouldn't be sat where he was etc. and he couldn't because of this spat blah blah blah. Kept interrupting me when I said "I'm sorry I have no control over this, I've asked the person that does and that was his response. We are all volunteers." and generally being an ass. I eventually hung up with a "I can't do anything further for you Sir, please talk to guy."

Not a nice experience.
            I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
              I sometimes have to call the customer "on the road". eg. no one answering the door/doorbell/knock, person at delivery address claims to have not ordered, a condemed notice on the building I am trying to delivery to, etc.

It is not like I can turn around and go back to the store OR use a ppay phone (those things do NOT exist anymore in my area), so I am forced to use my cell phone.

mostly my rule of thumb is: IF I do not recognise the calling number (meaning it is NOT on my white list), it goes to straight to voice mail. most of the time the message consists of "Hey who are you and why did you call my phone??" or "WHY you callin my woman???"
              Maybe you could invest in a separate PayGo phone for work and just top up the minutes as needed for your work calls. The expenses (phone + minutes), if you can't convince work to cover it, would probably be tax deductible at least as a work expense.

Comment

Working...
              X