Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SCpicks up a big bag of rice and throws it. It didnt hit me but rice went every where.
    I'd like to see that asshatcockwallet banned myself.

I'm glad it didn't hit you but... it doesn't mean he wasn't trying. And those things can be heavy so... it could do some damage.

Plus technically you could get him with destruction of property since it was intentional.

As for the "declined" issue... that *does* happen where I work. Sometimes it's the customer, the system, or us... so we'll try the card again. but if it comes up a second (or third) time declined, there ain't fuck we can do.
    Last edited by PepperElf; 01-30-2012, 04:39 PM.

Comment

About half the time when we get a non-EBT card declined it's because either the reader or the card's strip is funky (I've seen a few cards with grooves scraped into the magstrip!). If it won't swipe after the plastic bag trick or three tries, we aren't allowed to key it in manually. We can hold the order until they come back with another card, but no manually-keyed transactions.

I suspect that's because people could/had come in with just the number/info on a bit of paper and there's no way to know if they're actually authorized.
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
        About half the time when we get a non-EBT card declined it's because either the reader or the card's strip is funky (I've seen a few cards with grooves scraped into the magstrip!). If it won't swipe after the plastic bag trick or three tries, we aren't allowed to key it in manually. We can hold the order until they come back with another card, but no manually-keyed transactions.

I suspect that's because people could/had come in with just the number/info on a bit of paper and there's no way to know if they're actually authorized.
        We are allowed to key in cards. A lot of times with the EBT cards they don't scan after awhile so we have to key them in.
        "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

"Sigh. You're right. I am an idiot. I just have to work here so I can pay for my kid's radiation treatments."

Comment

I'm so sorry that you had to deal with that! You handled it with much more patience than I would have. *cookies, bacon optional*
            "Redheads have at least a 95% chance of being gorgeous. They're also concentrated evil." - Irv

"This is all strange, uncharted territory and your hamster only has three legs." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post

my local grocery store has that same rule for credit / debit / ebt. perhaps for the same reason

Comment

Quoth sweetj82 View Post
                Me-Sir you didnt get these items. So I cant use the coupons.

SC-Well right here they are.

Me-Sir this is for "brand name" You have our brand. Plus you have way to many coupons for the items.
                Funny to me this is...hmmm? Reading the SC in Yoda's voice I am...yes?
                You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution, Miss Scrumptious.

Comment

Working...
                X