This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your name dropping does not impress

...In fact, it makes you seem like a douche-bag.

And it is pointless, because, you know what? I am going to help you. You have a legitimate complaint. Your property was placed in a flood zone, which makes the mortgage company (us) require flood insurance. You have now brought in proof that, while some of your land may be in said flood zone, the actual structure of your house is outside of it. With this proof, I can now make certain your problem is fixed and that your mortgage no longer requires flood insurance.

Yes, it sucks that we sent you a letter stating that you require something that it turns out that you do not need. I am willing to listen and sympathize. But the problem is now RESOLVED. Fixed. No more problem.

So what, exactly, it the reason behind your "subtle" threats to call Mr. Big Wig with whom you happen to be "close personal friends"? Calling him from your cell phone while you are in my office (I'd stepped out to fax your proof of not being in a flood zone to the appropriate department) and leaving a voice-mail for him concerning the matter also means nothing to me.

You have no complaints with me personally, as you have stated several times. I have been polite and am willing and capable of giving you exactly what you want at this point. And yet you insist on going through this display.

Does it make you feel important? I hate to break it to you, but Mr Big Wig has a number of "close personal friends" and is one of those sorts of upper managers who gives his phone number out at social events and is always willing to chat up a person for a few minutes when he has the time. He also has a rather well-known open door policy in the company, and if I wanted to, I could walk next door to the corporate building and into his office myself (assuming he was not in a meeting). You, meanwhile, will continue to get his voice-mail. Did I mention that he gives out his number a lot?

Perhaps you think that it will somehow summon an additional level of service that you would be otherwise lacking. In fact, if I were any less professional than I am, your behavior would inspire me to offer you LESS service. To not go above and beyond the call of duty. I have an excellent record with the bank. Believe me, I could get away with it. Fortunately for you, at this point your issue, as I have already told you, is RESOLVED. I can't make it done any more quickly than now.

But, you know, I got paid for your hour of posturing, so whatever.

^ Last sentence made me It's funny 'cause it's true.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

"Oh Gee, well then, since you know Mr. BigWig, there's no point in calling me. You're better off calling him. Bye! (click)"

Comment

Quoth bankworking View Post

But, you know, I got paid for your hour of posturing, so whatever.
        Indeed. And he just wasted his own time for free.
        The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Sounds like he is compensating for "other" inadequacies..
          Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
          Save the Ales!
          Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
            Sounds like he is compensating for "other" inadequacies..
            Whaddya wanna bet he drives a Hummer, too? LOL
            By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

There's a particular category of SC that continues to whine, bitch and complain as their problem is being fixed, and even AFTER it's resolved. I had one like that couple of weeks ago. Forgot what her problem was, but I fixed it, politely and efficiently, whereupon she proceeded to actually get SNARKIER the longer she stayed on the phone. I dunno why. Maybe she was looking forward to a fight and was disappointed when she didn't get one.
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
              X