This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Horrible Mother Award goes to....

I wasn't sure where I should put this, since this story came from a co-worker.

This happened in a retail store owned by a giant rodent. Apparently we get quite the EWs. /bg

My co-worker and another woman had just finished re-folding an entire wall of clothing. As soon as they walked away, two young boys ran by and slid their arms along the entire bottom row of the wall display, knocking every shirt on the lower shelf onto the floor.

My co-workers didn't say anything (we can't berate the guests, even if they're acting like idiots), but they did walk over to investigate the damage. While they were over there, the children's father walked up and saw what happened. Being a decent human being, he began to lay-into the kids and told them to pick up all the shirts they'd knocked down.

As the boys began to do this, the mother showed up out of nowhere, stopped the boys and said, "Oh no no, don't pick those up. That's their job." while pointing at my co-workers. She then collected her brats and left the store, her visibly embarrassed husband in tow.

Nice way to teach your kids how to be giant SC assholes, lady. We hate you. We hate you so hard.
    Last edited by RecoveringKinkoid; 02-01-2012, 04:09 AM. Reason: Nicknames for children. Even if they are accurate. "Brats" is okay. ;-)

Quoth Moosenogger View Post
    her visibly embarrassed complete ussypay of a husband husband in tow!
    Fixed that for ya.

Comment

^ I soooo agree. He needs to be the head of the family.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
        ^ I soooo agree. He needs to be the head of the family.
        I agree completely. Mommy Dearest is teaching the kids to be little brats. Daddy needs to lay down the law and show 'em who's boss and not give ANY say to Mommy Dearest on disciplining.
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Sounds like the father has his head in at least some portion of the right area, but he shouldn't let his wife push him around and teach his kids to be spoiled little snots. You've got to curb that kind of behavior right off.

Comment

Geez Louise... Funny if the coworker would have said, "well MY job is to ban asshole customers from the store, and right now I'm doing my job!!!"

Comment

Nothing like watching future SC's in training ... good job mom

Comment

And when little precious gets their first job in retail, they still won't pick it up because that's not in their job description. (Ugh, I've worked with a few of those)
                A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

She's not just teaching them EW-ness. She's teaching them how not to take responsibility for their actions in general. Way to go, Mom. I agree, their dad should've been more assertive there!
                  "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Dad at least had the right frame of mind. Somewhat. Still majorly pussy whipped by his wife.
                    If anyone breaks the three pint rule, they'll be running all night to the pisser and back.

Comment

What a stupid, self-centered bitch. At least the husband had the right of mind to tell his kids off. Nice to see there's still SOME decency left.

Comment

Wow! The nerve of that woman! We had a similar incident at a store I used to work at where the kid stuck his arms out like that in the French wine aisle. The Mom there was also a bitch but mostly because my boss made her pay for her lack of parenting and she didn't think that was fair

Here's hoping that dad grows a pair and takes over the family discipline!
                        Now, if you smell the roses but it doesn't lift your spirits, you're either allergic to rose pollen or you need medical intervention. ~ Seshat

Comment

"Oh no no, don't pick those up. That's their job."
                          I really really HATE that attitude.

I still remember one female trying to pull that one on my first ship. According to her I was "out of line" for asking her to not spray the mirror with her hairspray.

Her: you're a berthing cleaner. it's your job to clean it up.

and then she started complaining that I wasn't running to the bathroom to harp at the girls in there for using hairspray, completely IGNORING the fact that the girls in the bathroom were 2 feet away from the mirror but SHE was spraying her hair 1 INCH away from a mirror in the rack aisle.

Sometimes I'd like to imagine what she'd have done if I'd walked through the passageway and just ... I dunno, spilled a cup of coffee and just walked on saying, "it's your job to clean up your space, not mine."

(But I know i'd have gotten hell for it)

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                            Fixed that for ya.
                            her visibly embarrassed complete ussypay of a husband husband in tow!

OMG I never laughed so hard in my life.....ussypay? really?
                            https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                            Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

This is when I'd have muttered out loud "No question who wears the pants in THAT family"
                              The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                              X