This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Person using spouses credit card= Screaming Swearing and acting childish

The Customers that use their Spouses credit cards and flip out when we don't accept them are far more stupider than the ones who generally flip out when the bac of their signature is rubbed off or unsigned. Some actually understand the policy but others act like they hide the fact that they are stealing someone's card!
    Providing Excellent customer service and Filtering out nonsense people.

When I worked at the jewelry store, we'd always get teenagers with their parents card. We were always told that if the card is signed, we cannot ask for ID, but if I'm staring at a 16 year old girl and the card says Mr. Guy McGuyName, of course I'm going to check the ID. It was always amusing when they'd start to whine..."Are you seeriiouss? But it's my dad's card! Can't you call him?" Maybe I'm a jerk, but I never let them use it, unless mommy or daddy was right there...and had their ID.
    --Kim--

“It is sometimes an appropriate response to reality to go insane.” Philip K. Dick

Comment

I love the ones where they say "See ID" and when you do its not theirs! Though reguardless if its says this I still check ID.

"But it's my husbands..."

So? Get your husband and then I can give you your money! We have a security precaution thing on our atms. If you are using a credit card or don't use your pin it will send you to us and then we find out if its really yours. You're SOL if its not.

"My husband isn't here..."

Then get your OWN card! Sheesh...

Comment

Why do I get the feeling these women are like those Real Desperate Housewives of OC and they think that everything their husband earns is just theirs to spend frivolously???
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

:irked: Yeah, I've used my boyfriends' card. And no, I don't think that everything of his is mine to spend frivolously. We have a joint account. What am I supposed to do at 3AM (the time I'm usually working) when I'm waiting for my new one in the mail?

Comment

to Hempress, can't you use cash or debit instead whilst waiting for your own card?

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
              Why do I get the feeling these women are like those Real Desperate Housewives of OC and they think that everything their husband earns is just theirs to spend frivolously???

This is one of my biggest pet peeves about being a cashier... credit cards. I wish we only took debit cards. With that being said:

These woman will bitch and moan about how it's their husband's card and they use the old "how they spend $300 a week in our store" (yipee /sarcasm), so it's ok that it's the "Family Credit Card"!! Excuse me, you, lady, are not Joe Blow, and then they'll point to a CSM and say, "She knows me!" and I have to let it go through if the CSM vouches for the customer! When did this nonsense start?!

Serious question - Do the banks charge a fee for a credit card in your own name if there are two people on the account????
              Teach a SC to fish... and they will whine about you not catching, filleting, frying, and serving it up on a silver platter for them. - EvilEmpryss

Comment

Quoth Hempress View Post
                :irked: Yeah, I've used my boyfriends' card. And no, I don't think that everything of his is mine to spend frivolously. We have a joint account. What am I supposed to do at 3AM (the time I'm usually working) when I'm waiting for my new one in the mail?
                The problem is, there are people who are legitimate who are authorized to use their SO's card. And then there are the people who have "borrowed" the card without asking, etc. That is why ID is necessary, and if you do get carded, most likely the cashier isn't going to take you at your word that you are authorized to use the card when your name isn't on it.

My fiancee has used my Discover card before, but never for any major purchase where they might card him. And he understands that they might. If they do, well, he can't use the card. Same thing if I use his debit card. I know his pin, so normally it isn't a problem.

So, I am not saying using someone else's card (with their permission!) is wrong. But legally, if you aren't on the account, your name is not on the card, etc., then you run the risk of not being able to use the card if ID is asked for.
                --Kim--

“It is sometimes an appropriate response to reality to go insane.” Philip K. Dick

Comment

Quoth OfficeSlug View Post
                  Serious question - Do the banks charge a fee for a credit card in your own name if there are two people on the account????
                  I don't know, but if they do, it can't possibly be enough to be worth the aggravation of not doing it...
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I remember, back before debit cards came on the scene, processing a transaction for a teenager who had a credit card. Well, sometimes they do, and the store had no policy for checking ID, so I ran it through.

Turned out that the card was her mother's, she had stolen it, and her mother called the store to let us know what had happened. Her mother, bless her, didn't blame us for the daughter's juvenile delinquency. She just let us know that the card was hers, and that her daughter had not been given permission to use it.

I don't remember seeing the daughter and her LA "I have a hairnet, so fear me" gangster thug boyfriend again.

Comment

How about the time I went into a store I'd shopped at fairly continuously for years, with my mom's credit card, and a note from her (signed! Might I add.) because I needed new clothes for an interview, and had no money of my own to spend on clothes. The lady at the counter, after I'd picked out some clothes, takes mom's credit card, and note, looks at both, and tells me, "We can't do this usually."
                      Say what? I can't use my mom's credit card, which is signed, along with a note giving me permission to use her card? I had my ID and everything, I was named in the note...
                      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

A manager got another one of these stupid verbally abusive customers with the wife's credit card today when she was working the till. What happened was he got out of control and shouted out expletives. We paiged a code-99 and he had to leave the store lol.
                        Providing Excellent customer service and Filtering out nonsense people.

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                          Say what? I can't use my mom's credit card, which is signed, along with a note giving me permission to use her card? I had my ID and everything, I was named in the note...
                          Been cheated like that enough that I wouldn't have accepted it. Sorry.

"You'd feel a Hell of a lot better if you'd just rip into the occasional customer."
                          ~Clerks

Comment

I hate credit cards. When I am on the register, and I get a CC, I dread what might happen. I always check ID, never want to be to careful about it.
                            Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                            San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth powerboy View Post
                              I always check ID, never want to be to careful about it.
                              ever been told it's illegal to do that?? I have

Long story short so as not to hijack the thread: older couple comes up to the register, lady buys 2 shirts, we run her macy's card and the computer asks for id. so i take it, type in the license number, give it back and finish up the transaction. all the sudden this lady's husband demands to know what i did with her license number? Well i put it in the computer, when it asks for id, we have to do that or it won't go through. He then informs me that is ILLEGAL and i CAN'T do it, and then the inevitable, "let me speak to a manager." So i call one, and she comes over and he's arguing with her and pointing his finger in her face! I happen to hear the manager saying "no sir, we CANNOT override it...."

People are stupid. That's all i gotta say.
                              Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Working...
                              X