This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't s**t out more parking

Okay, so before I get to this SC, a little bit of background. Our little motel is down a little side road, just off a dead-end road. Public works has it all torn up right now and it looks like a scary mess, and you have to detour through the parking lot of the restaurant next door to get around to our driveway. The detour is well marked, though.

Also, we do not have truck parking (even though the book says we do...stupid typo). Most people find parking on the street, though due to the construction this isn't currently possible. There is a vacant lot nearby, but the owner has made it explicitly clear that he doesn't want trucks parking there (which is a whole other story that could probably go into Fratching).

SC comes in. Other MOD is in the bathroom, so I got to deal with this guy. His whole attitude was just snobby the entire time.

Me: "Hi, how can I help you?"
    SC: "Okay, I have a few questions. First off, are you open?"
    Me: *looks at me, looks outside at guests meandering around, looks at cars in lot* "Why yes, we are."
    SC: "Then what's with all the equipment out there?!?"
    Me: "Yes, they are doing some sewer replacements."
    SC: "How are you supposed to get in here then? You're driveway's all blocked up!"
    Me: *thinking the only way in or out is through our driveway...if it's blocked how did you get here?* "You can detour through that restaurant's parking lot. They have detour signs marking the route. It just leads around and comes out over..."
    SC: *sighs heavily* "Geez that's ridiculous! Okay, second question. I have a trailer. Where do I park it."
    Me: *winces* "Unfortunately, we don't have room in our lot to accommodate a trailer."
    SC: "Can I park over there?" *gestures to empty lot*
    Me: "Unfortunately, the owner of that lot has requested people not park there. Some do anyway, and I don't think he's towed anyone, but I can't really authorize you to park there. We don't control that lot."
    SC: "Well, perhaps I'll take my business elsewhere."
    Me: "I'm very sorry, but we just can't accommodate trailer parking."
    SC: "Yeah, you sure don't seem that upset about getting rid of me." *picks up one of our directories and absently thumbs through a few pages, then puts it down* "Alright, I guess I have to go elsewhere." *exaggerated sigh*

It wasn't just what he said, it was his overall tone. Especially the complaining about the construction and the "you sure don't seem that upset about getting rid of me" remark. I am not Public Works. I don't have a say in the construction, which shouldn't even be a problem for anyone because they have a gazillion detour signs up for what's essentially just driving around a building. Actually, this morning I emailed them to find out for Boss Man how long the project is going to take, and also to thank them for marking the detour route so clearly.

And hey, I want to sell rooms, but if I can't accommodate your vehicle, then I can't accommodate it. We don't have room in our lot, and I can't tell you where else to park it because there's literally no where else to park it. If I could sh*t more parking out my ass, I would've done that long ago!

By the end of the conversation, I suppose the SC was right. I really wasn't that upset about getting rid of him. One less asshole SC to deal with that way.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

"Ooogh!" *squats* "It's coming, I can feel it! Just a few more... minutes... oh wow it's a good one... you'll have a double wide spot... augh that stings...!"

*giggles hysterically* Is it horrible that I pictured that immediately when I saw the title?

Comment

Hmph.. I would have matched my tone with his tone. If he got snobby about it, i would have said, "you seem like the kind of person who likes to make others unhappy when you're unhappy, based on what you just said.." Manager was in the bathroom, and that response would have ticked him off further anyway.

Comment

I wouldn't have been upset, either.

Comment

Boo-freaking-hoo for the customer! Life is so hard when the lot is already being used and you have to go somewhere else. The customer will no doubt have to use both his brain cells available to find someplace else. Ha ha!

Comment

No, he didn't expect you to shit out more parking, that would be unreasonable. What he DID want, was for you to go out there, roll up your sleeves, and BUILD more parking, and shame on you for both not complying with his unspoken whim, and not anticipating it in the first place. Don't you know he's a CUSTOMER? He's ALWAYS RIGHT.

/sarcasm
            Now, I'd like to digress from my prepared remarks to discuss how I invented the terlet...

Comment

Quoth Aria View Post
              "Ooogh!" *squats* "It's coming, I can feel it! Just a few more... minutes... oh wow it's a good one... you'll have a double wide spot... augh that stings...!"
              Ah, thank you! I have a new signature now!
              "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

lol, awesome! I think that's the first time I've ever been quoted. Well, except for performance reviews but those don't count.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
                  SC: "Yeah, you sure don't seem that upset about getting rid of me." *picks up one of our directories and absently thumbs through a few pages, then puts it down* "Alright, I guess I have to go elsewhere." *exaggerated sigh*
                  It sounds to me like he was trying to "give you some time" to come up with some preposterous discount -- or simply get down on your knees and BEG -- to get him to stay at your hotel anyway, parking be damned.
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

What? You don't have a rectally mounted star-trekian replicator?

Fer Shame!
                    I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Quoth Aria View Post

*giggles hysterically* Is it horrible that I pictured that immediately when I saw the title?
                      I personally imagined an entire parking lot coming out of a sphincter.

But I suspect he was expecting you to ... i guess authorize him to park in the other lot. or offer a discount (like Dave's EWs always want) or something like that

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                        I personally imagined an entire parking lot coming out of a sphincter.
                        ...Would the parking spaces be topped with assphault, in that case?
                        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                          ...Would the parking spaces be topped with assphault, in that case?
                          Only if you had fissures.
                          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

O god.

So, would it include cracks?

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                              So, would it include cracks?
                              Yup. And even train tracks!

Comment

Working...
                              X