This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Merriweather View Post
    A good friend and I were attempting to put something together (some sort of furniture or appliance, can't recall what). Took us forever to put that thing together, cause every tme the instructions would say to "put male part A into female part B" we had to ROFL for a while.
    Patent No. 1,150,114 which issued in 1915 had a rather racy claim description for a screw assemble in an eyeglass frame.

1. In a device of the class described, a female member split at its outer end, and a headed male member insertible therein and adapted when seated to expand said split portion, said female member being recessed internally beyond the termination of its split portion to receive the inner end of the head of the male member.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
      A good friend and I were attempting to put something together (some sort of furniture or appliance, can't recall what). Took us forever to put that thing together, cause every tme the instructions would say to "put male part A into female part B" we had to ROFL for a while.
      Try teaching electronics to a group of teenagers going through puberty.

I didn't do this, my sister on the other hand, DID have the misfortune of having a male teacher take her electronics class, so whenever he'd start up on male and female connectors, he'd have the entire class in fits.

(I was lucky in that sense: I went to an all-girls school for two years and didn't have to worry about THAT)

The closest one I experienced was my teacher trying to teach Year 10 music students how to set up and run the mixing desk. Of course you're going to have male leads and female ports. No wonder all the boys wanted to learn guitar

(yes I can set up a mixing desk and run it to some degree)
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
      X