Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

News Flash! If you don't have any money.....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Flash! If you don't have any money.....

It baffles me how many people call to order things and do not have the means to pay for said products. But what is even more baffling are the questions they ask. I promise you I couldn't make this shit up if I tried.

caller - "Hi, um yes I was wondering if maybe if I wanted to order something and I have $75 that maybe well see if I had someone else who had $75 too and we could buy the big package for $150 together because I don't have the entire $150 myself. So like maybe you could take $75 from her and $75 from me. Well how would that work? Could you do that?"

My response - "Well maam what I would suggest is that you coordinate with said person and between the two of you figure out whose credit card you would like to use and the other can pay the $75 to whomever uses the credit card"

Brace yourselves because it does get better.

caller - "Well actually I don't have anyone in mind right now. I need to find someone first who would be willing or interested in doing that."

I know what you all are thinking because trust me I was thinking the same thing. "No this (explicative) did not!" Ok so who am I now, Suze Orman? .28 per minute does not get you financial advice.

So to all of my dumb ass customers who want to order something....news flash....if you do not have any money at the time of the call, if you don't get paid until the 10th and today is the 5th, if you don't have a major credit card or debit card, if your spouse has possession of the credit card and you don't know the number, if you left your credit card in your vehicle..... don't pick up the phone to call an order line. Furthermore, and I'm no spring chicken, but I think it's pretty safe to say c.o.d was obsolete even before I was damn born!

Quoth barnone View Post
    Furthermore, and I'm no spring chicken, but I think it's pretty safe to say c.o.d was obsolete even before I was damn born!
    I believe if you read Gravekeeper's posts you will find that you are incorrect. It is rare, but not yet obsolete.

Comment

Quoth Teskeria View Post
      I believe if you read Gravekeeper's posts you will find that you are incorrect. It is rare, but not yet obsolete.
      But in Gravekeeper's case it stands for "Carried On Dog".
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
        But in Gravekeeper's case it stands for "Carried On Dog".
        lol! Like they could get enough pants on a dog to be profitable. It's "Carried On DogSLED."

Comment

I just did a COD last week.

Comment

Just because something is obsolete doesn't mean it's not being still used.
            Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
            Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Quoth gremcint View Post
              Just because something is obsolete doesn't mean it's not being still used.
              Like my ?
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                I just did a COD last week.
                I didn't know COD was an option nowadays. Back when I was a kid, that was pretty much standard - especially for those albums and electronic gizmos sold by Ronco on tv.

Most commercials I see for products are all doing the credit cards or online payment options.
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth barnone View Post
                  Ok so who am I now, Suze Orman? .28 per minute does not get you financial advice.
                  You can't be Suze Orman. Nobody can be that orange and annoying

Seriously though, it doesn't surprise me the things that customers will try to get away with. At least she didn't demand the that you (or the company) give her something because she's on a "fixed income" (another favorite phrase) and "can't afford it
                  Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
                  X