Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still amused by the fact that at least some Motel 6 locations have ashtrays in their nonsmoking rooms....just flipped upside down with a no smoking sticker on them.

I have photographic proof of this at home.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

We actually seem to have more people smoke weed in our nonsmoking room than cigarettes, which really stinks up the hallways.
      "Some times you just need to punch someone in the face"'Dalia Lama

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
        To be fair, there are plenty of smokers who don't smoke in their own homes or vehicles, but only smoke outside (or in public places where it is allowed, like some bars or what not), and so I can see them preferring non-smoking rooms. Of course, these are the types of people that would NOT smoke in the non-smoking rooms.
        *puts hand up* That's me! I never smoke in my flat. The smell just lingers forever, stains the walls and is not very good for computers apparently. I don't really care about being cold (rode a motorbike for years) so I just park myself out on the step and smoke there. I always have a nonsmoking hotel room, cuz whenever I go to a hotel I'm sharing the room with Fiance who's a nonsmoker. However, I do this radical thing of having a ciggie outside before I lock us in for the night. It is entirely possible to survive a few hours without a ciggie.
        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
          I'm still amused by the fact that at least some Motel 6 locations have ashtrays in their nonsmoking rooms....just flipped upside down with a no smoking sticker on them.

We do that because if we don't, they use the comforters. Which are expensive, and it can start fires. It was enough of a problem that they put the ashtrays in all the rooms now. Which some people complain about. But it saves the blankets and beds. People who smoke outside take the ashtrays out with them.
          Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post

The motel I mentioned earlier? Motel 6. Of course, as I pointed out in the post about it, the ashtray was neither flipped upside down nor empty.

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
            It is entirely possible to survive a few hours without a ciggie.
            Some smokers would question the veracity of this. And yet, somehow, I have managed to survive 41.5 years without a cigarette. Imagine that!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth figgyx View Post
              One night we even had a group of people smoking the wacky tobacky in their room. How are people so damn stupid that they don't realize the housekeeper will smell the weed in the morning?
              Well, consider what they were smoking.
              I agree about smoking rooms. I requested on once, because I was traveling with a smoker ex-GF. I could tell it was smoking the second we opened the door. Mrs. TGK doesn't smoke, though her last ex did.
              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
                We do that because if we don't, they use the comforters. Which are expensive, and it can start fires. It was enough of a problem that they put the ashtrays in all the rooms now. Which some people complain about. But it saves the blankets and beds. People who smoke outside take the ashtrays out with them.
                Oh ok. That makes sense. It just seemed like an open invitation to break the rules when I first saw it. But I suppose if people are gonna break the rules anyway, might as well give them the ashtray rather than risk that sort of damage.

I nearly made a comment about how much of a Neanderthal you'd have to be to just ash onto the freaking bed....then a remembers what site I was on.
                Last edited by Dave1982; 02-14-2012, 06:43 PM.
                "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Plus, if you have an ashtray in the room, even odds they will *use* the ashtray, and then you've got easy proof they owe you the extra $150

Comment

I once borrowed my sister's car (which was much bigger than mine) to take my inlaws to the airport. Holy crap! She smokes in the car - okay, it's her car, she can do what she likes, but did she tap the ash out of the window? No. Did she use the ashtray? NO! She flicked the ash all over the car.

A car which has black carpets and dark grey upholstery and I'm not joking, it took me over an hour to hoover everything out, plus half a can of air freshener. It wasn't smoke-free by any stretch of the imagination, but at least they could sit in the back seats without getting ash on their clothes and smelling like an ashtray.
                    There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.

Comment

We are non smokers, but have upon occasion taken a smoking room. I can put up with almost anything for an overnight. Rotting corpse, probbaly not, but dead smoke isn't a problem. I used to live with a chain smoker. I pretty much had to throw away all my clothes and get all new clothing bedding and linens when I moved. Thank god I didn't own any uphoulstered furniture
                      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Working...
                      X