Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Argh, let me do my job already! (rant)

[BG] As I might've mentioned before, I work 3rd level TS so other staff members are also "customers". [/BG]

I'm working late shifts & notice an automated notification saying one of my jobs had been updated. A customer's account manager had called direct to the call centre & talked them into booking a line tech. AH HELL NO!
    I'll try not to go into too much detail about it, but basically the customer was complaining via their IT co. about latency etc which is NOT a line fault. On top of that, there's some issues with said IT co.
    First they'd avoided my calls, then I found they'd done not even basic troubleshooting; and on doing so they'd found the issue on their OWN equipment
    Then the guy calls the callcentre again (despite having my direct line) & once again, same prob (no T/S, avoids my calls, etc). So I got the actual customer's IT manager's mobile # late Friday.
    Account manager (ie: our own staff) got a call/email from her today and just DECIDED to override me. I call him & say, no I've overridden the call centre & why.

He claims ignorance (probably didn't read any of my notes) and then I say I'll ring the IT lady myself. No. He woudln't let me hang up on him, he wouldn't let me ring her on a conference call - he INSISTED that HE ring her, introduce me (despite us working together in the past) and "be smooth" (his words) etc.

Ugh.

Cue hold music then him hurridly conferencing me into a VERY unhappy lady. I hear him trying to "be smooth" and OMG.
    Soon as I spot an opportune moment I speak up, identify myself & greet her - and she's immediately relieved & happy. Yup, I smoothed things down.

Then we start "talking the talk" about the actual issue, what troubleshooting's been done etc - and (despite the fact I TOLD HIM THIS WOULD HAPPEN & TO LET US TALK ALONE) this horrible little mistake of a man keeps interrupting us with "Hold on, hold on, let me get this straight..." and "So I heard from $Me earlier that this happened..." to the point where she was steaming mad & I wasn't far from it.
    Dude, this is my JOB let me do it!

Then, just as we're wrapping up, he "summarises" and not only completely screws up his little imaginary summary, but manages to really piss the customer off in the meantime. This time I spoke over the top of him, he got the hint & shut up - I made a point of giving the lady my direct line & encouraging her to only call me... And then (because my glasses were starting to fog up with the effort of not giving the AM what-for) left them to it & took off for a vent & a smoke.

I hate to complain about account managers getting involved with faults but DAMN learn the boundaries; let the experts be the experts, and for $Diety's sake if you're that bad at communicating with the customer & building a rapport, you probably shouldn't be managing their account!

sorry for the rant guys
    Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
    What's the difference?
    We're allowed to tell you "no".
Working...
X