This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if this is what the govt is hiring...

Usually govt workers are very professional....recently it hasn't been the case..

Me: Hello front desk?
    Weird Guest: Hi, do you...ummmm....know.....um.....of any....people that are trying to.....um get to this room?
    Me: (thinking: wtf?) No I don't know of any people that are trying to get to your room. Is there a problem?
    WG: Well...ummm....I mean I saw... um...people in the....um....but I looked....and um....there was nothing there....
    Me: I'm sorry but you are making no sense, where did you look?
    WG: Well...ummm....I mean I saw... um...people in the....um....but I looked....and um....there was nothing there.... ( I swear he said the exact same thing again! Wtf, is he high?)
    Me: ...okaaaay. Well the only thing I can do is send someone up to the floor to check things out.
    WG: Ummm...well....I don't think that's necessary but um.....You sure you don't know of any people trying to get to this room?
    Me: No. I don't.
    WG: Well o...k.
    Me: Bye. (hangs up)

I don't know whether he was paranoid or pranking calling, either is equally plausible. Checked the computer, was a govt worker.

Me: Hello can I help you?
    Cheapo: Yes How much are your rooms?
    Me: It is (rate).
    Cheapo: (waves govt ID in my face) Govt discount?
    Me: Govt discount is (rate).
    Cheapo: That's all?!!?!?!????????????!!!!
    Me: Yep.
    Cheapo: Rrrgghh...ugggg....I'll take it! (throws money at me)
    Me: (thinking: Damn, I should've lied!) Will you be parking with us?
    Cheapo: Yes.
    Me: Parking is (parking fee).
    Cheapo: WTF! Can you (penetrating stare) waive it for me?
    Me: No. I cannot.
    Cheapo: O_O WHY NOT!!!!!!
    Me: Because....
    Cheapo:
    Me: ...it wouldn't be fair to others to have paid?
    Cheapo: Whateverrr!!! Hmph!

A few hours later...

Me: Hello can I help you?
    Cheapo: .......(shakes both hands in some sort of gesture, I think it's trying to communicate lol)
    Me: Checking out?
    Cheapo: Obviously! Tch!
    Me: Here's your receipt, have a nice day!!!!
    Cheapo: Hmph! What is your manager's name & phone number!
    Me: Here is his business card, his name is this. Have a nice day!!!
    Cheapo: Thanks!!! (takes card and leaves with wide eyes)

What a dumbass.
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Ughhhh! Being a 'government worker' myself, and someone who spent about 3 of his last 12 months in hotel rooms up and down the Eastern Seaboard, I feel compelled to apologize for the behavior of my 'fellow' GWs.

Yikes! 'GW' sure looks pretty darned close to 'EW' now, doesn't it?
    Last edited by SailorMan; 02-18-2012, 05:36 PM.
    Who hears all your prayers? Why, the NSA, of course!

Comment

What's he bitching about? If he's on government business, he'll get reimbursed . . . and what's not reimbursed is tax deductible.
      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

If he gets per diem, a certain set amount of 'expense money' per day, then if he spends as little of it as he can, he would be able to pocket the rest.

I stayed last year in hotels in Charleston, in New Jersey, and in Virginia. But they were all Navy contracted hotels, so there was no out-of-pocket expense for me there. But, I was given something like $35 per diem for meals, and if I ate cheaply, I came out ahead.
        Who hears all your prayers? Why, the NSA, of course!

Comment

Quoth SailorMan View Post
          If he gets per diem, a certain set amount of 'expense money' per day, then if he spends as little of it as he can, he would be able to pocket the rest.

I stayed last year in hotels in Charleston, in New Jersey, and in Virginia. But they were all Navy contracted hotels, so there was no out-of-pocket expense for me there. But, I was given something like $35 per diem for meals, and if I ate cheaply, I came out ahead.
          True.

When I travel on state business I have to submit a request form ahead of time, and include an estimate of hotel costs. I then have to submit the actual bill for reimbursement (unless the state pays ahead of time). I don't get to pocket any money on the hotel bill.

I also have to submit receipts for food, so I'm not sure I could it there either. I guess it may vary from state to state, and I'm not sure about Federal rules.
          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Working...
          X