This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's the microwave?

Had a guest come to the front desk this morning.

G: Is there supposed to be a microwave in my room? ###?
    Me: Nope, that's not on my list.
    G: Well, isn't it supposed to have one? I am paying full price. (Note: He was in a smoking room with two double beds, Microwaves and fridges come with King beds)
    Me: Actually, we charge for microwaves and fridges.
    G: How much?
    Me: $5 each.
    G: *grumbles* (leaves)
    Me: (Under my breath) We're the (my hotel) not the Hampton Inn.

10 minutes later.

G: I want to extend my stay.
    Me: Ok.
    G: (displays coupon book) and I wasn't given this discount last night.
    Me: That's because you have to have the coupon to get it.
    (I make the necessary changes, and print a new Reg Card for him to sign, per my hotel's policy)
    G: (Checking the reg card notices the *previous nights* rate) Can't you change that.
    Me: Nope, you actually have to have the coupon to get that rate for each night.
    G: So, what if I were to stay a week.
    Me: We actually have weekly rates, (gives rates) but we charge the full rate up front, and we do not give a refund.
    G: Well, I'm only staying tonight.
    Me: Ok

And yes, this was the SAME guest both times.

SC
    "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Microwaves? Cripes....the only thing I expect out of a hotel room is a bed, a bathroom, a TV, and a desk or table to put my stuff on. Fridges and microwaves are great, but I don't expect them.

Oh wait......sorry....forgot where I was for a moment there.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

I don't expect them either.. I haven't ever stayed anywhere long enough to requir one, if the room I rent doesn't have a microwave or fridge, I simply adjust my meals to places that won't have leftovers.
      http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

Comment

The only times that I truly *needed* a refrigerator in the room was in order to keep flu vaccines in until the morning. Amazingly enough, a simple call to the hotel was enough to make sure I would have one. But that involves planning, doesn't it?

Comment

Quoth Lyse View Post
          But that involves planning, doesn't it?
          That is an unfamiliar concept on these boards.

SC
          "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

I've stayed in all kinds of hotels, and while there's often been a minifridge I've yet to visit one with a microwave in the room. The kettle's usually enough to ensure I can cook my ramen...
            This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
            I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
              Microwaves? Cripes....the only thing I expect out of a hotel room is a bed, a bathroom, a TV, and a desk or table to put my stuff on. Fridges and microwaves are great, but I don't expect them.

Oh wait......sorry....forgot where I was for a moment there.
              Yah, I was rather shocked when I stayed at a random holiday inn and had a microwave, a mini fridge, and a kitchen sink, it was weird as hell :P

Comment

I've stayed in all kinds of hotels, from crapholes to ritzy joints, and very few of the rooms had microwaves or fridges unless they were specfically kitchenette rooms. I never expect that stuff...sure, it's nice if it's there, but... *smh*
                "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

I had an all expense stay (long long story) in a 5 star room...that was bigger then the place I was living at the time, and it did not have a microwave...the rate was $200 a night (keep in mind this was a long long time ago..and it was a special corporate rate). I got three free meals a day tho..so it was all good.

Yet I did get a microwave for a room that cost me $69 a night..go figure.
                  Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Mom always had a microwave in a hotel room when we stayed in one. (She liked to move a lot.) Of course, that was because we brought our microwave into the hotel room with us.
                    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

so for 5 extra bucks he could have a microwave?
                      wait... he was getting a discount for his second night. gee there you go - 5 bucks right there.

Comment

Working...
                      X