This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bad one

Ok, so I don;t know the whole story as I wasn't there when this happened.

I believe this "nice" gentleman wanted a refund for something. He was not a nice man. AT ALL!

One thing that did happen is he was looking for something, asked one of my department guys. He didn't know what this man was looking for for whatever reason. (note: my guys are not in sales so would not know everything about the products) This man found what he was looking for so decided to go to this employee and wave the product right in his face saying something along the lines of you should know your products. My employee reacted by swiping the item out of his face. He thinks, shove something in my face, I am going to get it out of my face.

This man then heads to customer service to get his refund or whatever he wanted. They call over an employee from the department of what he wanted to refund. The man decides to tell this employee that he was stupid and a f@#king idiot.

Next thing I hear is customer service asking for my general manager to come to customer service. Next I hear of this is my GM telling me that this guy said to him, after my GM says he can get his refund, "I hope you die in your f@#king sleep you c@#t" My GM says "what did you say?" The guy repeats this lovely phrase. My manager says "Get your refund and get the f@#k out of my store"

I couldn't believe it. My GM was so mad, he said he had to go outside. And I could tell that he was mad just when he was telling me this.

It is just amazing what people will say and do nowadays. I am just glad that my GM will not tolerate this crap. Obviously there was something wrong with this guy but I am not sure what. To be so mad to say that to someone, something must be wrong in your head.

I'm amazed your GM actually elt him complete the refund after that outburst... Still, if it was within policy I guess it's better to get him out with no excuse to ever return.

Wishing someone to die peacefully in their sleep seems like a very strange way of trying to rile someone up - without the swearing, it could almost be a mystical greeting of friendship!
    This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
    I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
      Wishing someone to die peacefully in their sleep seems like a very strange way of trying to rile someone up - without the swearing, it could almost be a mystical greeting of friendship!

Generally, when wishing someone to 'die in their sleep' in that manner, it's a statement that you hope that that is what happens to them that very night.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I suspected as much, but still, with the right intonation...
        This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
        I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Wow, the coworker that did that.. wrong, but pretty ballsy. In a way, at least it brought out the worst in the customer, and saved the store from having to deal with that SC again. It would have been funny if the coworker was the one processing the refund, then blatantly flashing the cash back in the SC's face.

Comment

I don't know how wrong the employee would be. It depends on how close "in his face" is. If something is close enough to my nose that I can't focus on it, my instinctive response would be to swat it away and/or step back. And if I'm standing where I can't take a step back, well...

Something doesn't have to hit you to be perceived as an assault. If you pierce the personal bubble with a moving object, that's going to be a threat.

Comment

Quoth Cymberleah View Post
              I don't know how wrong the employee would be. It depends on how close "in his face" is. If something is close enough to my nose that I can't focus on it, my instinctive response would be to swat it away and/or step back. And if I'm standing where I can't take a step back, well...

Something doesn't have to hit you to be perceived as an assault. If you pierce the personal bubble with a moving object, that's going to be a threat.
              And swiping/swatting something out of your face like that is an instinct.
              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

I found out yesterday that this guy was in the store on Monday before this day and I had kinda helped to deal with him. He was a grumpy mean guy that day too.

His 2 year old laptop battery wasn't working anymore and he was mad that we don't sell laptop batteries. He was going off about it to my co-worker but in the end he was calmed down and purchased another laptop, which was what he was returning on this day.

Comment

Quoth MustangErin View Post
                  His 2 year old laptop battery wasn't working anymore and he was mad that we don't sell laptop batteries. He was going off about it to my co-worker but in the end he was calmed down and purchased another laptop, which was what he was returning on this day.
                  With the old, bad battery enclosed and the shiny new one safely in his old, working laptop, I suppose?

Comment

Good thing is, is he bought a different brand laptop.

Comment

Quoth Cymberleah View Post

This. Shoving something in someone's face is not only rude but it IS a threat. It's letting the employee know that you have the power to strike them across the face with it... you just haven't made contact yet.

kinda how like at my store we once had a guy try intimidating the employees by yelling at them, ordering them to refund him everything. he figured using an intimidating, "you-will-do-this-NOW" kind of voice would get him what he wanted. and instead it almost got him kicked out of the store (including a call to the cops) by "Nicholas".
                      Last edited by PepperElf; 02-20-2012, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X