Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So epic, we threw a party when they checked out (very, very long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So epic, we threw a party when they checked out (very, very long)

So, I don't think I posted about these SCs before. I was waiting for them to check out to see how it ended. Which was a stupid idea, since they ended up staying here for almost three months, and now I have to go get the log book to even figure out where to begin. Mostly, they liked to skip out on their bill, but there was also lots of drug dealing, CPS removing kids, and breaking into other rooms. Oh yeah. Allow me to attempt to explain. Grab some popcorn and a drink 'cause this is gonna be a long one.

Let's set up the cast of characters:

The family
    SC: The star of our little drama
    SCD: SC's daughter
    SCS: SC's son
    SCGK: SC's grandkids (SCD's kids), collectively

Supporting cast
    FCW: Former coworker, who apparently has lapsed from his time of being sober
    FCWD: FCW's dad
    DOG: Drunk old guy
    SHK: Sad hookers, collectively
    PRC: Pulling Racial Card guy

The motel staff
    Me:
    Other MOD
    Boss Man
    ACW: Annoying coworker
    CW1: (Somewhat less annoying) coworker
    CW2: Least annoying coworker (aside from Other MOD)
    NA: Night Auditor
    HK: Housekeeping staff, collectively

Others
    BPD: Our's city's finest, collectively
    CW1B: CW1's brother, also a former coworker, used to deal pot and meth (and served his time for that...we actually hired him right out of prison), but is no longer in that business

The stories of the supporting cast will be tied in here, since it's all so interconnected you can't really separate them. I will try and paint as coherent a picture as I can, going in chronological order.

SC stayed with us sporadically around the beginning of November. In mid November, she checked in for one person, though we know SCD, SCS, and SCGK were also in the room. I believe there were four SCGK, in a room with only two double beds. Of course, they were "just visiting." SC said she was waiting for a house, and that the deal was set but they didn't have the keys.

Things were quiet for the first few weeks. SC had trouble paying...sometimes she would pay late, but she was paying, so we weren't concerned. Then, she started paying later...then she'd pay some of what she owed, but not at all. She would also argue about the balance. She would tell me that Other MOD or another CW told her one thing, when my records clearly showed something different.

One time, she showed me a receipt with a bunch of notes and math on it that showed she owed X, and said Other MOD had given it to her. I pointed out that it was clearly not Other MOD's handwriting. I pointed out where the math was wrong, and that she owed Y. She argued and argued and argued for over forty minutes that evening.

During this time, CPS was also calling about the room. Other MOD told us not to get involved in their investigation because she didn't want anything to bite us in the arse later. Honestly, I didn't really see the kids that much, but heard from my CWs that they looked like crap. ACW, despite what Other MOD said, spoke at length about what she thought with CPS. I don't know if that had any effect on their decision or not, but CPS ended up taking the three youngest kids.

We had our suspicions as to why. There were a lot of calls going to SC's room, and visitors, at all hours. If there were other guests we were suspicious of, SC always seemed to have some connection with them.

SC was playing it smart, though. She wasn't too keen on having HK in the room, but she knew we had to periodically get in there, so she always straightened it up and let them in.

When she was approaching the 30-day mark, we told Boss Man to grow a spine and decided to stop letting her pay her bill late. After 30 days, guests become "permanent guests", and become tax exempt and gain certain tenant rights that aren't allowed to "transient guests", such as having to go through eviction proceedings rather than just kicking them out. Apparently by magic, SC came up with the $400 or so she was behind, plus enough to just push her past the 30-day mark. Dammit.

Around this same time, FCW checked in. His car had broken down, and he needed a place to stay closer to work since he couldn't commute. Being a former employee (and a fairly good one), Boss Man cut him a ridiculously low deal, under the condition that he not tell anyone.

A bit of background about FCW: we hired him right out of a work-release program. He was in there for drug-related charges. Unfortunately in our experience, a lot of work-release employees go right to what they were doing before once they exit the program, but FCW looked like he was going to make it. He was going to school, had discovered faith (Buddhism for him), and was going to get into social services with the aim of helping others get out of where he was at. Things were looking good when he left us to move on to greener pastures.

It wasn't long after FCW checked in, though, that we realized something was wrong. The biggest giveaway was that he would come in absolutely wired, with sores all over his face. He visited CW1B, who said he simply would not sit still. It was fairly obvious that FCW had fallen off the wagon. To say I was disappointed with the turn things had taken for him would be a severe understatement.

FCW also liked to hang out with SCS a little too much. SCS was always dressed like a wannabe thug, and seemed to be the most active dealing with other guests we were suspicious of, whereas SCD and SC seemed to be a bit more behind-the-scenes, as far as we could tell.

FCWD was paying for much of FCW's stay. Apparently money FCWD gave to pay for rent didn't end up with us. FCWD instructed us to call him if FCW didn't pay for full weeks at a time. Eventually, FCWD sent us third-party credit card authorization paperwork so we could bill his card directly. FCW wanted us to refund part of his stay to try and get cash back. We told him that if we refunded anything, it would just go back on the card. For a few days after that, FCW looked a bit healthier...only for a few days, though.

In January, we had several busts at the motel. Both SC and FCW seemed to know the people being busted. There were two SHKs that were caught with their pimps in almost back-to-back sting ops. FCW seemed to be especially friends with one of them. SCS was always hanging around their rooms as well, and a lot of calls from SC's room were going to the SHKs rooms.

PRC was actually a bust we weren't involved in. They were here for two days, when BPD had the place surrounded. PRC called BPD racist. They arrested him in front of his kids. It was epic pwnage for...something. I'm not sure what he was arrested for for, but I know that PRC was in a room just down from SC's room, SCS and PRC seemed pretty buddy-buddy up until the bust.

Basically, SC & family and FCW were not playing with the best of friends. We'd told BPD our suspicions, but they were concerned with bigger fish. We suspected SC of dealing all sorts of things, and even though her room seemed to be connected to every other room and every bust (we had two prostitution busts and I suspect PRC was a drug bust), she still somehow managed to stay out of BPD's radar.

Oh, and we eventually did find out that FCW was dealing pot out of the room because he told CW1B that he was doing it. Other MOD called BPD and told them to bring drug dogs around to FCW's and SC's rooms. They said they would but there was a robbery at the grocery store across the street that night and thus BPD was otherwise occupied that evening.

Ugh...trying to recall all this information in order and putting it in some way that makes sense is hurting my brain...time for a break.

==****10 MINUTE INTERMISSION****==
    Take some time to stretch your legs. I have coffee and tea, and I still have lots of chips and salsa that Maint Man brought specifically to celebrate the leaving of SC & family (seriously). It's very good salsa. You should try some.
    ==*****************************==

Okay, we're back. FCW is still dealing pot out of our room, and based on his skin texture is using something far more potent. Which is quite possibly being supplied by SC & family. I should also note that SC is back to paying rent days late, if not weeks, but since she's past 30 days out options are limited. She will tell whoever is at the desk that Boss Man or another desk clerk approved the late payment. (She's always careful to ask your name over the phone first, though, so she makes sure she drops someone else's name when she's making her excuses and lies.) All we can really do at this point is keep BPD informed of what's going on and pray for a bust...

Sometime in January, Drunk Old Guy checked in. DOG, as it turned out, was actually on our DNR list since 2009, but somehow still managed to be checked in. Only DOG was registered to the room, yet by day, phone calls going to that room named a female character (another SHK, apparently). By night, DOG called down several times to NA, insisting someone was trying to beat down his door. Walks around the property revealed no one in the vicinity of DOG's door, and it was suspected they were the drunken delusions of a paranoind DOG.

Then after a couple nights, SCS came down trying to get a key for DOG's room. He was denied, rightfully. Other MOD was working, and something about SCS told her he wasn't going to give up that easily. She followed him around, and saw SCS and a SHK pop the window screen off DOG's room, open the window, and crawl in that way. Other MOD promptly went up and told them in no uncertain terms to GTFO.

Boss Man, for reasons I cannot explain, decided against calling the police. When I arrived, I convinced him to call them and file a report, just to cover our own arse. So Other MOD called BPD for Boss Man. We told them we were just filing a report, and not pressing any charges at that time.

BPD sent five squad cars, which seemed like a lot just to take a report. That's when we discovered DOG had warrants out. DOG wasn't in the room, though, so they left quickly. (And we received lots of complaints from guests who didn't like all the police cars...ugh.)

After they left, HK went to clean the room, only to discover SC and SCS had somehow gotten in the room! HK kicked them out and made sure the room was sealed up nice and tight that time. At the time, though, HK only gave me a vague description of SC, so I thought it was SCS and another SHK.

Shortly after, Boss Man called SC and told her that he wasn't pressing charges, but he had filed a police report and that SCS wasn't welcome on our property anymore. SC stated how she was absolutely shocked that SCS would break into a room, and that she had kicked him out and we shouldn't be seeing him again. She said how she was so upset and frustrated that SCS was hanging out with a "rough crowd".

After that phone call, HK came down and I realized she had been describing SC in the room with SCS. The next day, we saw SCD and SCS talking over the fence with each other. SCS not going to be around, my arse.

The next morning, two bags of heroin were found in DOG's room. They were turned over to BPD.

FCW at some point boasted to SC & family about the uber-low rate he was getting, and SC started whining about how she wanted that rate. Boss Man told her she was getting the lowest rate available, then called FCW and told him that bragging about his super-special rate simply wasn't cool and that FCW needed to leave. After about another week (at the regular rate this time), FCW's sponsor got him into a rehab facility. I hope it works out for him, because despite his relapse and being stupid, FCW is good at heart. I had high hopes for him before, and I'd really like to see him make it.

One night, a guest called down saying someone was pounding on their door. I went out, and saw SC in the area. She said she heard knocking saw someone run around the building. The guest saw me talking to SC, and later called down and identified SC as the one who was trying to get in. SC, of course, denied it all, sticking to her story that it was some other mysterious person who had run off. (The only other person I saw outside that evening was another guest returning from walking his dogs...he was too far away to have been involved and even if he was right there I would have not believed it, since he's a quiet regular.)

Last week, I had the dubious pleasure of staying in a room directly below SC. It sounded like elephants trampling overhead all night long. I was hoping they'd quiet down. At 1:30am, someone up there slammed the door hard and woke us up. They kept trampling and trampling until I called up there. I didn't immediately let on who I was or where I was, since I knew she'd have a story to make up, since SC always has a story.

Me: "This is bhskittykatt, and we've gotten a noise compliant about your room. Can you keep the trampling down?"
    SC: "Oh, I know, I heard someone running around outside. It's someone out on the hallway, they just ran past."
    Me: "Actually, I'm right below you, and I can hear you stomping around back and forth in your room. It's been going on all night."
    SC: "Oh, no. It's someone outside."
    Me: "SC, I'm right below you and I can hear it's from your room."
    SC: "Wait, who is this?"
    Me: "This is bhskittykatt, I'm the MOD tonight, and I'm staying in the room right below you."
    SC: "....okay." *click*

The next day, SC came down to apologize. She repeated the same story as above, and also added how she was packing to try and neaten things and how she had "no idea" someone was below her.

Then, this weekend...she's moving out! Hooray! After three months, they have keys to their house (which they were supposedly supposed to move into about three months ago ).

Naturally, having been living here for three months, it's going to take some time to gather her things, but she can be out by 2:30. At 3 when I get to work on Monday, the housekeepers are waiting impatiently. They say that they watched SCD leave in their van, which was notably empty, so I call up. SC says she'll be gone by 4, she's just waiting for SCD to come pick her up. Eventually, Boss Man tells HK to leave it for the next day and they go home. SC finally checked out at 9:36pm that night (I noted the time when I got to check her out).

Happy dance!

The next day, it was discovered SC had wandered off with our blankets. That sucks, but at least she's gone, right? They also found a couple good-sized rocks of heroin. We gave those to BPD as a sort of messed up Valentine's Day gift. I hope they liked it. Maybe now SC & family will be on BPD's radar? Who knows?

Today, Maint Man brought in salsa and Other MOD brought in chips to celebrate them leaving. Seriously. We threw a mini party.

--------

I hope you were able to follow all of that. I know it's a bit convoluted in areas. I'm sorry it's so long. Next time, I will post things as they happen instead of trying to save it to vomit it all out at once.

TL;DR: SC & family are here for three months, which means they're permanent guests and we can't simply kick them out on a whim. They spend the time skipping out on their bill, trying to break into other rooms, and dealing drugs. Police don't seem to care. They finally checked out on Monday. Happiness!
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Holy hell....that's insanity...
    I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

o_O Wow... this is why I check TripAdvisor for reviews before I go to a hotel... this place is a little scary...

Comment

Forget AAA's ratings. I need your ratings on which hotels are the sanest.

Comment

Hopefully SC and all her 'associates' are now on your DNR list.
          Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

That. . .was. . .EPIC. Seriously,bhskittykatt , that would make for a great graphic novel.

Comment

This is the first story I read on CS that i had to be inebriated to understand. It was too crazy to read =sober=

That aside, bhskittykatt, your posts are *EPIC*
              If anyone breaks the three pint rule, they'll be running all night to the pisser and back.

Comment

Look! At the hotel! It's a scream, it's a pain, it's supermess!
                Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Syriilord View Post
                  Hopefully SC and all her 'associates' are now on your DNR list.
                  Agreed. BTW how exactly did DOG manage to slip past to get a room there?
                  I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                  -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Wow. Read the whole story and can't believe they didn't get kicked out after the first week. I'm sorryou you had to put up with them and all their shennanigans!
                    "Redheads have at least a 95% chance of being gorgeous. They're also concentrated evil." - Irv

"This is all strange, uncharted territory and your hamster only has three legs." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                      Probably because we recently got new ID readers, and when you swipe someone's ID, it doesn't always bring up their old guest profile. CW1 swears his name wasn't flagged when she checked him in, and she says she didn't notice an old profile. Oh well. he's on the list twice now.
                      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Holy **** that is just insane. I'm not surprised you had a party after all of that!
                        My Crafting Profile http://www.craftster.org/forum/index...ofile;u=139859

Comment

Good God.

My brain exploded before I even got to intermission.

There. That's better.
                          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                            If it's anything like the hotel i used to work at, no one on day staff ever hits the one keystroke it takes after entering a guest's name to see if they are flagged. Only the night auditors do, cause invariably we're the ones who have to deal with the fallout.

Also, I no longer work in the hotel industry. I'm now a graveyard shift dispatcher for a towing company.
                            Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

Wow you should have has alcohol at that party (or better yet for the 3 months you were dealing with those jerks)
                              "Some times you just need to punch someone in the face"'Dalia Lama

Comment

Working...
                              X