Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy Birthday! Here's something you had all along!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth KaeZoo View Post
    "I'm just going to show her that jack and pretend that it's new. She won't know any better, and then I don't have to buy her anything!"
    Too bad you couldn't have taken her $150, told her the pre-existing jack was the one you installed, and then anonymously sent the $150 to the daughter with a birthday card. It's optional whether the card tells the daughter the whole story.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Honestly, When I saw the title of the thread, the first thing I thought was that they were going to be given something like "The power of Friendship" or something. ... I'm not entirely sure why.

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
        Would that also work for the iPhone? If so how would I have one installed on a 1992 Toyota Corolla 4-door?
        the tape-deck version should work though. well maybe not for the microphone though. but to listen to stuff, sure.

i mean it works on my itouch.

Comment

Quoth Beki710 View Post
          I went the cheap route with my car, it has a cassette player so I have a blank cassette with a lead and headphone jack that you can plug straight into an MP3 player. Cost me all of about £4.
          Quoth PepperElf View Post
          and ... my car doesn't have one either. but it does have a tape deck so i use one of those cassette-cord thingies for my ipod.
          This is what we do too. We originally got the tape adapter to use with my old discman, not that it did much good since the discman didn't have the anti-skip feature and roads are bumpy. But it turned out to be a great purchase in hindsight when I finally got an mp3 player. Now I can have all the tunes I want on long drives without DJs or having to find a new station when we leave the old one's range, and I don't have to get a satellite radio to do it either.

Lady in the OP? My vote's on cheapskate. It only works as justifiable snark to me if she still gives the daughter a gift, but this lady openly admitted to her intent to lie to her daughter. Oh, to be a fly on the wall if the daughter already knows about the jack....
          "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
          - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Working...
          X