Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The hotel that I worked at was like yours 85 rooms 3 carts. On sold out nights and missing carts equals grown men throwing temper tantrums about a single rolling suitcase that is small enough to ride in plane. I also liked how people would finish using them and just dump them in the hallway. Or often time they would put them in the elevator and leave them. On a sold out if we were slammed some times the carts would ride the elevator for 20 or 30 min before I could get around counter to put it back

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
      How about a loud voice that says, "Hey, Asshole! Return this cart to the lobby so somebody else can use it!"

Or would that be rude?
      Yes, but I think I'd pay to see the reaction.
      "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

Not a luggage cart, but shopping cart related: when I was 16, I had a job collecting shopping trollies from the car park for our local supermarket.

One day, I was asked to go along the nearest housing estate and collect trollies from people's gardens. Jeez, what a job!

SC: "Whaddya doing in my garden?"
        Me: "Collecting our shopping trolley."
        SC: "Oi, leave that alone, that's mine!"
        Me: "Really? Is your name Scummerfield, like it says on the handle?"

Surprised I never got bashed, but it made me furious even at that tender age that people could be just so sucky.
        There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.

Comment

I vote against sounds... But how about a nice ring of bright LEDs to help illuminate the room & prevent sleep?
          This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
          I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Or just a simple gps (where nobody can see/find it) so that it can be tracked down by two burly 6'7" tall guys built like Arny in his prime. Wearing black shirts .. One saying "Repo" the other saying "Men".
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
              Convenience.
              SC's thoughts: I have so much stuff that I neeeed a cart and I don't want anyone else to take it. I'll just keep it in my room so I can use it tomorrow morning too. Surely I'm more important than anyone else and I'm the only one who needs it.
              Had a similar issue when I worked in a machine shop. With the milling machines, the 3/4" collet was the most commonly used, and when they got into short supply, they suddenly disappeared. Since not having one when I needed it would have interfered with my work, I solved the problem by (gasp - horror) BUYING one (about $10). About a month after I did this (some of my co-workers who I could trust to not damage tools, I'd routinely lend it to when I wasn't using it), the foreman approached me and asked if I had a 3/4" collet in my toolbox. I told him I did, and proceeded to take it out. As soon as he found out that I had bought my own, he lost interest. Apparently some people had solved the "when I need one, I NEED one" problem by grabbing one of the company's collets (therefore the sudden disappearance).
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Annoy a tron
                http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/electronic/8c52/?srp=1

or just put a cordless phone on the bottom and press the page button from the base at 3 am.
                Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
                Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
                  I'm confused. Why would anyone want to have a luggage cart in their room? Most of the rooms I've rented don't have a lot of extra room, and if someone has a high dollar room...with lots of space...wouldn't it ruin the look?
                  Because of my job, I spend a lot of time in hotels. A desk clerk once told me (when I couldn't find a cart) that sometimes a guest, leaving at the same time in the morning that he/she knows a lot of other guests will also leave, will 'reserve' a cart by the expedient means of hiding it in their room.
                  Who hears all your prayers? Why, the NSA, of course!

Comment

I'd fix this by making the platform of the cart just a little too big to fit through the door into the room. Yeah you would have to go get them from the halls, but you'll be able to find them.

Comment

Working...
                    X