This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Hate You, Cheap People!!

I am so sick of people coming into my shop wanting something for nothing.

"I'd like a small coconut yogurt. And make it a 'large' small." No, I will not make it a 'large' small. If you want more yogurt, get the medium size. Otherwise you'll get what you paid for!

"I'll have a small salted caramel. And I'm not getting any toppings, so fill 'er up!" Um, no. If you'd bothered to look at the menu posted on the wall behind me, which nobody ever seems to do, you'd see that plain yogurt and yogurt with toppings are two separate prices. Simply put, no toppings does not equal more yogurt. Got it?

Speaking of which, the 'yogurt with toppings' price includes all the toppings except for our two "deluxe" toppings, which are fifty cents a scoop. Yesterday a woman comes into the shop and orders a yogurt with a deluxe topping. I give her a big scoop, more than I'm supposed to.

Her: No, no, I want it on both sides of the yogurt. Can you put some on the other side? (I start to scoop some off the yogurt to put on the other side) No, don't do that, give me some more.

Me: Do you want another scoop?

Her: No, just give me some on the other side. (Translation: give me 2 scoops for the price of one)

So I scooped a tiny amount from the topping bar and placed it on the other side of the yogurt, and then went back to scraping up the excess topping already on the yogurt to add to it. At that point to woman made a big show of rolling her eyes and telling me to forget it. Sorry lady, I guess you'll have to try and save fifty cents some other way.

Oh well, tomorrow is another day. Can't wait to see what new and exciting ways the customer will try to weasel free stuff out of me.

Whenever I'm given a little extra ice cream or yogurt I think of it as a happy accident. What I don't do is demand it each time I visit the restaurant.

Comment

Working...
    X