This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I said I'm not Satisfied.

It's Mardi gras here and people can get a bit rough and become completely illeterate.

Me:
    SC: lady who thinks customer is always right

Me: Ok your total is $5.XX
    SC: That cake was supposed to be $4.XX.
    Me: Ok let me check.

*walks over to the shelf and see's that the cake is actually 7.XX, but currently on sale for 5.XX. walks back to the SC .

Me: Ok the cake is originally 7.XX, but it's on sale for $5.XX.
    SC: Well the sign says $4.XX.
    Me: No mam, the $4.XX is for another item next to it.
    SC: Well I'm unsatisfied.
    Me: I'm sorry to hear that. Do you still want the cake for $5.XX?
    SC: I said I'm unsatisfied.
    Me:
    SC: Sell it for me for $4.XX.
    Me: No mam we cannot change prices. That will be $5.XX.
    SC: Forget it I'm never coming back here.
    Me: That's ok mam, you have a nice day.
    SC: *leaves*

The cake was a king cake.

Way to much karma over a cake.

8 bucks base price? A rather small king cake, I presume >_> But this lady was...yeah. Not too bright. Pricing doesn't go down on demand just cuz people don't like them unless you're at a car dealership or somewhere else where haggling is actually accepted....

to a fellow Big Easy...ian...or whatever we're called these days Or thereabouts. Carnival has a wide reach these days.
    Last edited by EricKei; 02-21-2012, 11:55 PM.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

SC: Forget it I'm never coming back here.
      Can you get that in writing?
      "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Quoth Evil Cashier 411 View Post
        The cake was a king cake.
        I don't recall ever hearing of a king cake. Which is good, because I don't think I could resist buying one, even at $8.00.
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Ha. I love it when they leave the product. Gives me a small thrill.

I wonder why she thought repeating that would actually work. The price is the price o_O

Or like EricKei said, if it's in a place where you can haggle.

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
          I don't recall ever hearing of a king cake. Which is good, because I don't think I could resist buying one, even at $8.00.
          Thanks for the link! I didn't know that was the name for that. We have cakes with an object hidden inside that are popular with the Québécois here, but I've never had one. I just get the stories from my BF, lol.
          Last edited by Peppergirl; 02-22-2012, 06:46 PM. Reason: merged

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
            No kidding ... dang it, where's a drooling smiley when you need one ...

I had a fair number of people misread price signs during my stint as a cashier. Having said that, it wasn't always their fault (store layout was kinda helter-skelter at the best of times), and most of them were fairly gracious about it.

Comment

I'm buzzing right now from the sugar rush from the king cakes in the office. I don't think I have ever eaten anything that has ever given me such a sugar high.
              Labor boards have info on local laws for free
              HR believes the first person in the door
              Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
              Document everything
              CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

For those who have never had it, Biloxi/New Orleans style king cakes have exactly nothing to do with actual cakes. They're much closer to being cinnamon brioche (one story I've read suggests that Marie Antionette's famous line was really "Let them eat brioche")...They're usually a little chewy and soft and smoothmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

Some local variant styles, like the one that McKenzie's made when they were around (another bakery makes them now), use a drier, more breadlike dough. There are some people who swear by a certain bakery's as being the best (especially the various <insert first name here> Randazzo family bakeries' cakes), but I've found that 80% of all king cakes here taste almost the same as long as they're not filled with anything. One shop that operates out of a tiny little building near my old office would typically have a line stretching halfway around the block by 6AM on Mardi Gras day. That line was for the people were smart enough to pre-order, and once they're out, they're out.

I'm not big on "filled" cakes; if it doesn't taste good "plain" (read: a good chunk of its weight being comprised of the sugar on top), it sucks. I find that most fillings (especially apple, which is odd for something cinnamon-based) detract from the flavor.

Oh yeah, regarding my comment on the price: Most good cakes are around $10-20, tho you can get tiny ones (4x3 inches and half an inch thick) for around four bucks, or monster cakes that require two people to bring into the building (6x3 FEET and 6 inches thick) for $30-50 or more. If you're hungry, many place will FedEx one to you, just expect to cough up an extra 15-20 bucks for shipping...

*scuttles off to kitchen to finish off the one there*
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

We tried king cake, finally, last week at a coffee shop. It was more bread-like, but if had a nice glaze on top. Yummy!

Now I'm off to get my coffee and sweets, because today is also PACZKI DAY!
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I don't think 8 bucks is too much, considering the work you have to put into a brioche-type dough. I mean, you're paying for the effort and time. If you want it cheap, make it yourself. That's my food philosophy.
                    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I'd love to try a king cake...and the beignets. I heard they are yuuuumy!
                      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

SC: Well I'm unsatisfied.
                        tough fucking luck.

why do people think "i dislike this" means they get whatever the fuck they want?

Seriously i see it at pfb/m3c a lot too...where people equate "i'm angry" with "you need to give me free shit to appease my wounded ego"

Comment

So as far as the customer thought...the cake was a lie?
                          "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
                            So as far as the customer thought...the cake was a lie?

Heeheeheeheeee, nice.

And yes, beignets are awesome. Especially when caked in powdered sugar. For reasons that still escape me, locals refer to them as 'donuts' (as in, "Let's go down ta Cafe du Monde for some coffee and donuts")

Comment

Working...
                            X